In today’s home, the dining room is the anchor of the entire house. It’s where your family and friends gather for meals, conversations, and memories. The modern dining table is a frequently-used, highly functional piece of furniture. It’s also an opportunity to express your individual style.
Modern Dining Tables
Our wide selection of modern dining tables—ranging from formal dinner tables to informal kitchen tables—offer inspired creations from today's most respected contemporary design brands.
Finding the perfect dining table at 2Modern
What should I consider when choosing a dining table?
There are a number of features that can make your dining table the most useful, beautiful, and refined piece of furniture in your entire home. Carefully considering each of these qualities can help set your contemporary dining table apart and create the welcoming and elegant environment your dining room deserves.
Shape – Depending on the size of your dining room, the number of family members you want to accommodate, and your personal style, the shape of your table will play a critical role in selecting your table.
- Round – If your family and/or space are smaller, a round table can be the perfect setting for an intimate, meaningful gathering.
- Square – If your dining space is small, a square table can maximize your space and make it as functional as possible. Square tables offer more surface area than round tables and can accommodate seating options such built-ins or benches.
- Rectangular or Oval – If you have a large family or love hosting dinner parties, a larger oval or rectangular table will allow for plenty of space for every guest. Long, grand tables allow you to incorporate even more of your personal style. Place a bench on one side and chairs along the other, diversify the shape and style of the chairs at either end, or keep it minimal by using the same style chair all the way around. Extendable tables are also a smart way to account for potential guests, but take up less space when you aren’t using the full length of the table.
Material – The material you choose for your modern dining table can truly make your home design pop.
- Wood – You can’t go wrong with a wooden dining table. Beloved for good reason, wood is a durable, timeless, and high-quality material that can withstand daily use. Choose from wood types such as oak, walnut, pine, and others.
- Glass – An elegant and stylish material, glass is a popular addition to a modern dining table. Glass can add a contemporary style to your space and help it feel larger. While glass is a durable material, it is also scratch-prone. Consider the family members who will be using your table before opting for a more high-maintenance material like glass.
- Metal – An excellent complement to farmhouse, rustic, and industrial design schemes, metal is a well-loved and sturdy material. Incorporating copper, iron, or aluminum elements can set your table apart in an unexpected way.
- Marble – Choosing a rich and substantial material like marble can add texture, depth, and interest to your dining room. Classic and understated yet beautiful and elegant, marble is a favorite among those with a keen eye for design.
When you choose a dining table at 2Modern, you’ll be purchasing a quality table with undeniable style and flair. With a broad selection of materials, sizes, shapes, and styles, you’re sure to find plenty of options that suit your needs. Our wide variety of dining benches and chairs allow you to mix and match styles for a look that’s all your own. Coordinate your choice with a credenza or sideboard and add even more sophistication to your home. Whether you’re searching for the perfect modern, Scandinavian, farmhouse, industrial, mid-century modern, or contemporary dining table, 2Modern has the perfect piece for you.