Modern Bar Stools & Counter Stools
Incorporate Modern Bar & Counter Stools for a Functional Kitchen
Whether you have a compact city loft galley, or expansive country home kitchen, modern bar and counter stools add a beautiful functionality to your space allowing you to sit, eat, entertain, and enjoy family and friends in a centralized location. With impeccably distinct designs and shapes, a modern counter or bar stool makes a statement without overpowering the room. Available in a wide variety of colors, materials and styles, 2Modern has the perfect seat for any occasion and any aesthetic.
How to Choose the Best Modern Bar Stools for Your Home
- Adjustable stools are a versatile option because they can accommodate tables or counters of any height. They can also be moved from one place to another and adjusted accordingly.
- Swivel bar stools make it easy to get in and out of the seat and to reach things on the table or counter.
- If you don’t have a dining table or you plan to eat at your counter often, stools with a back are comfortable for long-term seating. For occasional use, a stool with no back can be a functional choice - it just may not be quite as restful.
- Arms add a cozy touch to counter or bar stools. However, some people prefer armless stools because they accommodate people of any size and are typically easier to get in and out of.
- Clear stools make a chic, modern statement in your kitchen.
- Opt for white bar stools for a clean, fresh, contemporary look.
- Make a bold choice with red, orange, yellow, green, or blue stools for a fun and eye-catching pop of color.
- Use earthy tones to coordinate with any decor and design scheme and allow the shape of the stool to shine.
- Choose gray counter or bar stools for a stunning, neutral touch.
- Incorporate black stools for rich, bold contrast.
- If you live alone or with another adult, upholstered stools are a comfortable and sophisticated option.
- If you have children or if you frequently have kids in your home, you might want to choose a wood, metal, or plastic stool for easy cleanup.
- Leather is a smart middle ground because it brings a luxurious and rich look to your kitchen, but it’s also easy to wipe spills.
- Rattan, Resin or acrylic stools are a marvelous modern option, but they’re more fragile than a metal or wood stool.
- Choose contemporary bar stools to coordinate perfectly with your modern kitchen or dining room.
- Incorporate farmhouse stools for a hint of welcoming warmth.
- Bring home mid-century modern stools to make a bold, retro statement in your home.
- Use traditional bar stools for a timeless approach.
- Opt for Scandinavian stools for their simple and straightforward style.
Use Modern Stools to Make Your Kitchen a More Practical and Beautiful Space
Contemporary bar or counter stools add a stunning touch to any modern kitchen or bar area. Making your space more useful and allowing your personal style to shine, modern bar and counter stools are an incredible addition to your home. At 2Modern, you’ll find top brands like Connubia, Ethnicraft, Blu Dot, Muuto, Vondom, Lyon Beton, Kartell, Cherner, Calligaris, and so many others. With unbeatable styles, shapes, colors, materials, textures, patterns, and more, your home is set with seating ready to elevate and accentuate.
Modern Bar & Counter Stool FAQs
- How Tall Should a Bar Stool Be?
To choose the right height, you’ll want to measure the height of your high top table or kitchen counter. For the most comfortable fit, you’ll want to allow for about 8” to 10” between the seat and the counter. For example, if your counter is 36” high, you’ll want to go for a counter stool with a seat height between 24” and 27”. If you have a 42” tall table, you’ll want to opt for a seat height of 30” to 32”.
- How do I Know if I Need a Bar or Counter Stool?
Deciding whether you need bar or counter stools all depends on the height of the tabletop you are looking to sit at. Traditionally, bar stools are taller than counter stools, with the seat of a bar stool often between 29” and 31” from the ground, while counter stools usually come in at 24” to 26”. Both bar stools and counter stools can work for kitchen island countertops or high top tables, it all depends on how high your surface is and ensuring you’re close enough to comfortably enjoy a meal or drink. A good rule of thumb to follow is ensuring a minimum of 10” between the bottom of your counter to the top of your seat for ease of use and enjoyment.
- What is the Best Fabric for Bar Stools?
To choose the best fabric for your kitchen, you’ll want to consider your aesthetic, your lifestyle and the people who will be using your stools most frequently. You’ll want to choose a material that’s beautiful and appealing to you, but also practical for your home. Leather-wrapped stools look great, but are easily scratched or stained by food and spilled drinks. A durable upholstery crafted from recycled plastic is easy to clean and resistant to mildew, stains, and sunlight.
- How to Choose Bar Stool Color?
When selecting a bar or counter stool for your space, select a color that either blends with your surroundings or adds a pleasant touch of contrast. For a farmhouse modern kitchen, solid wood stools in a natural or cherry finish add beautiful rustic appeal, while black stained wood or metal stools add sleek sophistication to Scandinavian or industrial spaces. In the end, it should all be based on your personal preference, but a good rule of thumb is to always err on the side of neutral so your space doesn’t feel too bold or overwhelmed.
Top Products: Nerd Stool by Muuto | Bertoia Stool with Seat Pad by Knoll | Counter Stool with Wood Base by Cherner | Emeco Stool by Emeco | Afteroom Stool by Audo Copenhagen | Tubby Tube Stool by PLEASE WAIT to be SEATED | High Wood Stool by Mater | Osso Stool by Ethnicraft | CH56/CH58 Stool by Carl Hansen and Son | Alfi Low Back Stool by Emeco | Racer Stool by Blu Dot | Series 7 Stool by Fritz Hansen