The elephant that Charles and Ray Eames initially developed out of plywood in 1945 is available in plastic – as a toy or decorative object in a variety of colors, and not just for children's rooms.
In the early 1940s, Charles and Ray Eames spent several years developing and refining a technique for molding plywood into three-dimensional shapes, creating a series of furniture items and sculptures in the process. Among these initial designs, the two-part elephant proved to be the most technically challenging due to its tight compound curves, and the piece never went into serial production. A prototype was given to Charles's 14-year-old daughter Lucia Eames and later borrowed for the.
Designed by Charles & Ray Eames.
- Designed by 1945
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Available in two sizes
- Available in various colors
- Quick Ship
Materials Dyed-through polypropylene. Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 15.5 in W x 8 in D x 8.25 in H
- Overall: 31 in W x 16.25 in D x 16.5 in H
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 21511209, 21502909, 21511208, 21511201, 21511212, 21511202, 21511210, 21511207, 21502901, 21502902, 21502908, 21502910, 21502912 Catalog ID 33544761 Reference ID "Vitra Eames Elephant" (Stock ID 4941404438573)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.