Oval dining tables are a unique and elegant way to set your interior design apart. With the guest-accommodating surface area of a rectangular table and the soft, rounded edges of a round table, an oval dining table is a beautiful, modern choice.
Modern Oval Dining Tables
Oval dining tables allow for the connected feeling you get from a circular table while still allowing for the extra space for guests provided by rectangle tables. Peruse our wide selection of oval dining tables and make a unique design choice for your dining room.
Anchor your modern dining room with an oval table
Choosing the perfect oval dining table
After measuring your dining room to determine the amount of space you have to work with, a few considerations will have you on your way to selecting a modern oval dining table that you’ll love and enjoy for years to come.
- 4 to 6 friends or family members can comfortably sit around a 6’ table.
- To accommodate 8 people, an 8’ table is a great choice.
- To seat 10 guests, opt for a 10’ table. Invite even more loved ones to gather for a meal with an extendable oval dining table with a leaf.
- Choose a mid-century modern design for your oval dining table to reimagine retro style.
- A Scandinavian oval table will give your dining room a simple, clean, and elevated look.
- A farmhouse style table lends a warm, inviting, rustic element to your home. Opting for a farmhouse table with an oval shape redefines the idea of country-inspired charm.
- A traditional oval table combines classic, timeless design with a modern, eye-catching shape.
- Wood makes a timeless, classic statement in your dining room. A wooden oval table combines traditional and modern design. Wood is a durable and low-maintenance material, making it an ideal option for families with young children.
- Metal is a sturdy and substantial choice for a dining table. Use a metal table to add an industrial touch, or opt for a metal table outdoors for a modern table that’s made to withstand the elements.
- Glass adds a dash of dimension, offering a reflective and contemporary design element. Glass is best suited for an elegant, child-free dining room or outdoor environment.
- Marble is a gorgeous way to incorporate a natural, modern feature to your dining room. Use a marble oval table to add texture and dimension to the dining experience.
- An oval dining table makes a unique addition to any modern dining room. For an oval table, you’ll need a spacious area with plenty of room for guests to move and gather around. Discover our how-to guide for more information about selecting the right dining table.
- Rectangular dining tables are ideal for accommodating families, and they serve as the perfect option for hosting dinner parties and holiday gatherings. Choose an extendable table and invite even more guests to gather and dine.
- A round dining table is a brilliant way to create an intimate dining experience. Even a large round table can create an environment that fosters connection and conversation.
- Square dining tables work best for those with a limited amount of space. They give each person a seat at the table without overpowering the room.
Reimagine your room with an oval dining table
With an oval table, it’s easy to establish an evolved, thoughtfully curated modern design. Oval tables are uncommon and unexpected, making them ideal for those with refined tastes. Curate a dining room that makes a stylish statement by incorporating a bench and dining chairs with smart, sophisticated style. For functional feng shui, choose a sideboard or buffet that complements the rest of your dining room. Whatever your style, 2Modern has the designs that are sure to make an impact in your modern home