Square tables are well-loved for their ability to accommodate guests in limited spaces. The ideal way to create maximum impact in small areas, square modern tables make your dining room the most functional and versatile room in the home.
Modern Square Dining Tables
Tailor your dining experience with a square table
Choosing the square dining table that fits your style
After you’ve measured your dining room to determine the amount of space you have to work with, you’ll want to think about a few key features. Considering these qualities can narrow your search for the perfect square dining table.
- Combining a sleek, square shape with a material like marble makes a substantial statement, despite the smaller footprint.
- A metal table can add an industrial element to your modern dining room. Metal is also a great material if you’re using your square table outdoors (but be sure to choose a style that’s designed for outdoor use).
- Opt for a wood table for a natural touch. Wooden square tables combine modern design with a traditional material for an upscale spin on a classic favorite.
- Incorporating glass is a chic way to add interest to your modern dining table.
- Mixing materials is a smart addition to your modern interior design. Choose a glass tabletop over a metal base or metal legs with a wooden tabletop to add interest and texture to your dining area.
- Consider an extendable square table if your space is limited, but you enjoy entertaining. An extension will allow for additional guests when you’re ready to host, then tuck away to better fit your dining area when not in use.
- An outdoor table extends your living space onto the patio, adding open air and always-welcome square footage to your dining experience. Set the table outside and make full use of your outdoor environment.
- Play with height to add dimension to your dining room. A café table is a smart way to break up the monotony of same-height furniture pieces. Counter-height stools are the ideal complement to a taller table.
- A rustic, farmhouse-style square table will create a warm and welcoming environment in your dining room.
- Mid-century modern designs add a retro, yet evolved touch to your home. A square table with this design style can make a bold and artistic statement.
- Scandinavian designs are beloved for their simplicity. Choose a square, Scandinavian-inspired table for an elevated take on modern styling.
- Seat 4 guests comfortably when you choose a 3’ to 4’ square table.
- Easily accommodate 6 people with a square table measuring 5’.
- A 6’ table is best if you’ll be regularly seating a party of 8.
- If you need space for 10 to 12 people around the table, take a look at our how-to guide for tips on choosing the right table size. Hint: adding 2’ of table space for each person will allow for plenty of elbow room.
Refine your dining room with a square table
Your modern dining space is an opportunity for thoughtful design. Use a square table as the focal point, then accent it with a gorgeous mix of dining chairs. Make an eclectic choice with a sideboard that varies in design, or stick with complementary pieces for a cohesive look. Whatever your taste, 2Modern has the dining tables, chairs, and furniture to bring your vision to life.