The Original George Nelson Bubble Lamp® Saucer Sconce is handsomely constructed with a 2-inch thick solid walnut wall-mount and a brushed-nickel steel arm that extends out approximately 14-inches. The arm has a swivel hinge and an adjustable 12-foot plug-in cord with a counterweight, that allows for height adjustments. This clever design allows one to adjust the sconce from left-to-right, and up-and-down, without having to change its position on the wall.
George Nelson designed the first lamps in 1947. These lamps with their simple sculptural shapes are constructed of an innovative taut plastic that coats a steel wire-frame. Nelson's unique design and ingenious use of materials prove to eliminate glare and provide an abundant, yet diffused light. A quality which alone is unique to this material.
Since 1989, Modernica has proven its steadfast commitment to authenticity and craftsmanship. Being at the forefront of rediscovering and relaunching out-of-production pieces, Modernica still uses the same methods and materials to handcraft each lamp that were used in 1952. The George Nelson Bubble Lamp® collection is featured in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Modernica is the official site for the George Nelson Bubble Lamp® Collection.
Handcrafted in Michigan, U.S.A.
- Nelson™ Bubble Lamps® collection
- Part of the Herman Miller® Collection
- Designed by George Nelson in 1947
- Type: Wall light
- Color: White
- The bracket finish is walnut and the arm finish is brushed nickel
- Each sconce has a counterweight for height adjustments
- Each sconce features an on/off pull chain with a solid walnut end cap
- The shipping box dimensions are: 19” x 19” x 10" 8lbs.
Care and CleaningIn most settings the lamps can be cleaned with a feather duster or a soft cloth. If they become grimy, the process will be bit more complicated. We suggest cleaning them with a mild soap solution (a little ivory dish liquid in two quarts of lukewarm water, for example) and a soft cloth. To remove the soap, wipe with a clean, damp cloth and dry with a soft rag. Stronger solutions, like a glass cleaner containing ammonia, could discolor or damage the plastic coating.Designed by George Nelson.
Please note, this product option is made-to-order and may incur a longer shipping timeframe.
- American Made
- UL Listed
Proposition 65 WARNING For California Residents — Proposition 65 > Materials Plastic coating over a steel wire-frame, brushed-nickel steel arm on a swivel hinge, solid walnut wall-mount. Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 23 in W x 16.75 in H
- Shade: 17.5 in W x 7 in H
- Cord Length: 120 in
- 1 x 60W 120V E26 (medium base) Incandescent lamp (not included)
SKUH763SCWALBNS Catalog ID 1391474 Reference ID "Herman Miller Nelson Saucer Wall Sconce" (Stock ID 440950736)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.