String Lights look at a different concept of dividing space architecturally. They are inspired by three things: when I sit on a train, travelling, and I look out of the window, I always see these strings of electricity that connect the pylons. And as we move through at high speed, I see these perfectly parallel strings and find myself transfixed by the amazing sense of discipline — how can this be possible? It’s just so beautiful and so poetic the way they connect the pylons whilst at the same time they divide the landscape. I wanted to translate this this vision and this discipline into an interior environment. They are like linear drawings. I like how people use light to demarcate space, especially outdoor space, if you think of a village square in the Mediterranean at night; they have a string of lights that hang in a square from four posts. They seem to announce: “This is where the party is”. It is these lights that demarcate the activity. And then the last thing, which is the most practical one, is how to move lights when electricity points are always where you least want them to be. So how do you take them where you want them in an effortless and poetic way?
Instruction for how to order:
String Lights allow you to create a visual sculpture as a well as suspend pendants from where you would like to, independent of the junction box placement. To order a complete unit you will need to Available in one or two pendants, then choose the Ceiling or Wall Canopy or the Floor base with switch (both the ceiling/wall canopy and floor base can feed up to two pendants). Each pendant is supplied with a wall mounting kit (hooks) for stringing the cable. An optional Extra Connection Cable is available; this will allow you to set up turns for further custom configurations.
- String Collection
- Designed by Michael Anastassiades, 2014
- Suitable for indoor use
- Suspension system of 12 or 22 meters with Kevlar reinforced coaxial cable (the fixture should be relaxed and then re-tightened 24-hours after installation)
- UL Listed
- Available in Black finish
Care and Cleaning:
Designed by Michael Anastassiades.
- Do not use alcohol or other solvents
- Use only a soft cloth to clean the appliance, dampened with water and soap or mild cleanser if needed for stubborn dirt
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Proposition 65 WARNING For California Residents — Proposition 65 > Materials Matt black varnished die-cast aluminum body coated with clear soft-touch varnish.
Optical diffuser in opal PC.
- Overall: 7.5 in Dia x 6.3 in H
- Sphere (12m): 472 in
- Sphere (22m): 866 in
- 1 x 26W 120V 1970 Lumens, 90CRI, 2700K LED lamp (included)
- Dry Location
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 1 x F6480030 + FU648230 + F6485030, 1 x F6480030 + FU648230, 1 x F6480030 + FU648430 + F6485030, 1 x F6480030 + FU648430, 1 x F6490030 + FU648230 + F6485030, 1 x F6490030 + FU648230, 1 x F6490030 + FU648430 + F6485030, 1 x F6490030 + FU648430, 2 x F6480030 + FU648230 + F6485030, 2 x F6480030 + FU648230, 2 x F6480030 + FU648430 + F6485030, 2 x F6480030 + FU648430, 2 x F6490030 + FU648230 + F6485030, 2 x F6490030 + FU648230, 2 x F6490030 + FU648430 + F6485030, 2 x F6490030 + FU648430 Catalog ID 1006832 Reference ID "FLOS String Light Sphere Pendant" (Stock ID 402468720)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Product WarrantyAs provided by FLOS:
Manufacturer's 1 year warranty.Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.