Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. The PH 4/3 Metal Pendant was launched in 1966. Its design follows the general three-shade system based on the logarithmic spiral, with the center of the light source positioned at the axis of the spiral. This light is a simplification of the light PH designed in 1929, winning him the highest distinction at the world exhibition in Barcelona at that time. Metal pendants were produced in a number of formats and colors, and the underside of the shade was painted white to provide diffuse light. To achieve warmer lighting, metal pendants were also produced with a gold-coated underside. Metal pendants have been produced in a number of sizes and colors over the years, but the only metal pendant available today is the 4/3.
Designed by Poul Henningsen.
- PH Collection
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1925/1926
- The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards
- The shades are made of metal and painted white to ensure uniform, comfortable light distribution
- Mounting: Canopy: White; Cord type: 3-conductor, 18 AWG white PVC power cord
- Suitable for repetitive installations
- Iconic design, architectural versatility
- 120V E26 (medium base) Incandescent lamp (watts pending on size of fixture) can also be used
- UL Listed
- Wet Rated: Suitable for outdoor use
- Available in White finish
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Shades: Spun aluminum. Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 15.75 in Dia x 7.9 in H
- Cord Length: 144 in
- LED and Incandescent compatible
- 1 x 15W 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 LED lamp (not included)
- Wet Rated
SKU5741910878 GTIN5703411196816 Catalog ID 32105 Reference ID "Louis Poulsen PH 4/3 Pendant" (Stock ID 172868157)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.