For over two decades, the Vitra Design Museum has been making miniature replicas of milestones in furniture design from its collection. The Miniatures Collection encapsulates the entire history of industrial furniture design – moving from Historicism and Art Nouveau to the Bauhaus and New Objectivity, from Radical Design and Postmodernism all the way up to the present day.
The Garden Egg was originally intended to be a garden chair. At that time Peter Ghyczy was working for the synthetics manufacturer Elastogran/Reuter in Lemförde. As leader of the design department, his tasks included exploring suitable areas of application for what were then new and particularly promising synthetic materials. The most prominent and later legendary example of this work was the Garden Egg. As the name of the chair implies, this is an eggshaped object with a flat underside and a folding top. When open, the top forms the backrest. Inside there are soft cushions for comfort. When closed, the weather-proof, rain-proof 'shell' ensures that the chair can be kept outside all year round.
Designed by Peter Ghyczy.
- Part of the Vitra Miniatures Collection
- Designed by 1968
- 1:6 scale model
- Comes packaged in wood box
- Includes informational booklet
- Quick Ship
Materials Fabric, Plastic. Specifications Overall Dimensions: 7 in W x 7 in D x 8 in H SKU20208601 Catalog ID 33544594 Reference ID "Vitra Miniatures Garden Egg Chair" (Stock ID 4941392314413)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.