Created for the German Pavilion at the 1929 International Exposition in Barcelona, the Barcelona Couch is part of a suite of furniture Mies van der Rohe designed to welcome the event’s visiting King and Queen of Spain. Featuring 72 individual panels of hand-welted and hand-tufted leather, attached to a polished steel frame, this supremely elegant mid-century style daybed is a modern design classic, as contemporary today as it was upon its introduction in 1930. Sharing the same spare profile as the collection’s Barcelona Chair—one of the foremost emblems of modern design—the Barcelona Couch has been exclusively produced by Knoll, a company to which Mies formally entrusted the entire Barcelona collection, since 1953. A signature of the Knoll brand, the Barcelona Couch is a contemporary daybed design that continues to be manufactured to Mies van der Rohe’s exacting standards.
- Barcelona Collection
- Designed in 1930
- 72 individual panels are cut, hand-welted and hand-tufted with leather and buttons produced from a single cowhide
- Upholstery straps are cowhide belting leather. Sides are dyed to match specified upholstery color, 17 straps are stretched over a rubber webbing for cushion support
- Bolster in matching leather is secured to cushion platform with straps and lock snaps
- Platform is a Sapele Mahogany from Africa, finished with a protective clear lacquer
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe are stamped into each piece
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
- Available in various upholsteries
- Available in Stainless Steel finish
More options are available; please contact our furniture experts, 1-888-222-4410 (press 1).Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However this is a made-to-order product and cannot be canceled or returned after 48 hours of order placement.Designed by Mies van der Rohe.Due to color variances with monitor display, we recommend ordering samples / swatches before purchasing products.Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However this is a made-to-order product and cannot be canceled or returned after 48 hours of order placement.Product Details
Materials Upholstered with 40 individual panels.
Individual panels are cut, hand-welted, and hand-tufted with leather buttons produced from a single cowhide.
Cushions are premium quality, highly resilient urethane foam with down-like dacron polyester fiberfill.
Frame is polished chrome hand-ground and hand-buffed to a mirror finish.
Upholstery straps attached with aluminum rivets.
- Overall: 39 in W x 78 in D x 25 in H
- Seat Height: 15.25 in
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 258LS-HO1-VOBLCK, 258LS-VO945, 258LS-VO903, 258LS-VO953, 258LS-VO923, 258LS-VO960, 258LS-SABLK, 258LS-SA785 Catalog ID 129420 Reference ID "Knoll Barcelona Couch" (Stock ID 197808197)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern White Glove Delivery & Assembly.
Cancellation & Return PolicyCustom orders are specially made-to-order, just for you. To ensure timely delivery, production begins immediately upon receipt of your order and the item will be built to your chosen specifications. Custom orders cannot be cancelled, changed, returned, or refunded at any time after purchase is made.
- Delivery: This full-service delivery includes inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, placement of product(s) in your room of choice, and removal of all packing materials. Customer signature is required.
- Assembly: The delivery team will provide up to 1 hour of basic assembly service. Assembly includes light set up requiring basic tools, such as a screw driver. Please note: Delivery team will not perform wall mounting, electrical wiring, or services requiring the use of power tools. Deliveries requiring window/door removal or crane services are available for additional fees; please contact customer service for an estimate (888) 222-4410.
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
Complimentary swatches are available for this product. Please fill out the form below to request swatches. If you have any questions, please contact us at (888) 222-4410.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.