Sola (2010) is part of David’s Icarus installation which is based on the Greek myth about the boy who flew too close to the Sun. Sola represents the Sun which will get too hot if you fly too high and the shapes look a little like the solar flares that form and curl on the surface and edge of our Sun. It was first shown at the Milan design fair as part of the full installation (including Wing lights) was later purchased by the Pompidou Centre in Paris for its permanent collection.
Finishes offered: Caramel Bamboo: Similar to Natural but a light brown color; does lighten over time. Colors: Orange on Natural Bamboo. David Trubridge uses only water-based stains and low VOC water-based paints.
Wherever possible, all timber is from sustainably managed plantations in Australia, New Zealand, or the United States. Wood is left natural where appropriate, with natural non-toxic oils being used in place of harmful solvents. From a design point of view, the products use only the minimal amount of materials and are generated with a focus on longevity, rather than mimicking quick-moving trends. The David Trubridge lighting line is designed as Seed Systems (Kitsets) that are flat packed and assembled at the installation location. Given that the product is shipped from New Zealand, this method of shipping reduces shipping costs, minimizes risk of damage, and reduces the impact on the environment with significantly (40-50) less volume in each shipment. Fixtures are easy to assemble and include detailed instructions for guidance.
- Year of design: 2010
- Made in New Zealand
- Recommended bulb is LED A19/G25/G40 for size Small and LED A23/G40 for size Medium and Large
- Ships fully assembled
- UL Listed
- Dry Rated: Suitable for indoor use
- Available in three sizes
- Available in a variety of finishes
Care instructions: All wooden and/or polycarbonate lights are intended for use in dry interior conditions only and can be cleaned with a soft cloth dampened in warm soapy water when the light is switched off.
Note: David Trubridge Design does not manufacture electrical components utilized in the fixtures. These are sourced from UL/cUL certified manufacturers. As such, our shades are hung on UL/cUL certified electrical cordsets.Designed by David Trubridge.Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However this is a made-to-order product and cannot be canceled or returned after 48 hours of order placement.
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Bamboo Plywood (3 Ply). Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 31.5 in Dia x 31.5 in H
- Cord Length: 118 in
- Overall: 39.5 in Dia x 39.5 in H
- Cord Length: 118 in
- Overall: 53 in Dia x 53 in H
- Cord Length: 196.8 in
- 1 x 60W 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 Incandescent lamp (not included)
- Dry Rated
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: SOL-0800-CAR-CAR, SOL-0800-NAT-NAT, SOL-0800-NAT-ORA, SOL-0800-NAT-LIM, SOL-0800-NAT-RED, SOL-0800-NAT-WHI, SOL-0800-NAT-BLK, SOL-0800-NAT-AQU, SOL-0800-BLK-BLK, SOL-0800-WHI-WHI, SOL-1000-CAR-CAR, SOL-1000-NAT-NAT, SOL-1000-NAT-ORA, SOL-1000-NAT-LIM, SOL-1000-NAT-RED, SOL-1000-NAT-WHI, SOL-1000-NAT-BLK, SOL-1000-NAT-AQU, SOL-1000-BLK-BLK, SOL-1000-WHI-WHI, SOL-1350-CAR-CAR, SOL-1350-NAT-NAT, SOL-1350-NAT-ORA, SOL-1350-NAT-LIM, SOL-1350-NAT-RED, SOL-1350-NAT-WHI, SOL-1350-NAT-BLK, SOL-1350-NAT-AQU, SOL-1350-BLK-BLK, SOL-1350-WHI-WHI, SOL-0800-NAT-BLU, SOL-0800-NAT-PNK, SOL-1000-NAT-BLU, SOL-1000-NAT-PNK, SOL-1350-NAT-BLU, SOL-1350-NAT-PNK Catalog ID 245254 Reference ID "David Trubridge Sola Pendant" (Stock ID 298384001)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation & Return PolicyCustom orders are specially made-to-order, just for you. To ensure timely delivery, production begins immediately upon receipt of your order and the item will be built to your chosen specifications. Custom orders cannot be cancelled, changed, returned, or refunded at any time after purchase is made.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Product WarrantyAs provided by David Trubridge:
This light is warranted for three years from date of purchase for failure of parts.Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.