Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. The PH 4½-4 Glass Pendant is a member of the three-shade family and is one of 19 versions available today. Approximately one thousand models have been produced over the years and consisted of table, floor and wall lamps, as well as a number of chandeliers, which were popular in the 30s for lighting private homes with high ceilings.
The PH 4½-4 Glass Pendant consists of an approximately 45 cm top shade, but uses lower shades from the 4/4 model. These hybrid models were introduced due to the desire to hang the pendants at lower heights. The system was also used for wall, table and floor lamps. The 4½-4 Pendant in its current form was introduced in 1980.
Designed by Poul Henningsen.
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1925/1926
The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards
The shades are made of hand-blown opal three-layer glass, which is glossy on top and sandblasted mattee on the underside, giving a soft and uniform light distribution
- Mounting: Canopy: White; Cord type: 3-conductor, 18 AWG black PVC power cord
- Suitable for repetitive installations
- Belongs to a family that includes table and floor lamps
- 120V E26 (medium base) Incandescent lamp (watts pending on size of fixture) can also be used
- UL Listed
- Dry Rated: Suitable for indoor use
- Available in High luster chrome plated or White opal glass finish
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Shades: Hand-blown white opal glass (sandblasted on the undersides for uniform light distribution).
Suspension: High luster chrome plated, extruded aluminum.
- Overall: 17.7 in Dia x 16.1 in H
- Cord Length: 144 in
- LED and Incandescent compatible
- 1 x 22W 120V E26 (medium base) type A21 LED lamp (not included)
- Dry Rated
SKU5741902381 GTIN5703411001943 Catalog ID 51287 Reference ID "Louis Poulsen PH 4/4 Glass Pendant" (Stock ID 172869753)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.