The collaboration between Foscarini and Marc Sadler began with Mite; a floor lamp so innovative that it was awarded the Compasso d’Oro (Golden Compass) in 2001. The company and the designer even developed a special patent for Mite: a mix of fiberglass and carbon thread or Kevlar® that acts as both decoration and a supporting structure at the same time. Technology previously used to produce fishing rods, oars and golf clubs, was introduced to the lighting world for the first time. The circular shape at the bottom of the lamp extends upwards to where the light source is housed. Mite guarantees excellent lighting through an illusion of inner parabolas, projecting an intense and warm band of light towards the ceiling. The inner lighting enhances the decoration and the lamp’s slender shape. Mite furnishes any room with an uncluttered presence and an elegant personality.
Designed by Marc Sadler.Product Details
- Mite Collection
- Designed by Marc Sadler, 2000
- A classic design for Foscarini: Winner of Compasso D'Oro 2001
- Fiber glass fabric with Kevlar or carbonium thread
- Dimmer included
- Available in LED or Halogen
- Available in Black or Yellow finish
- Made in Italy
Proposition 65 WARNING For California Residents — Proposition 65 > Materials Diffuser achieved using an artisanal process that entails the application of a Kevlar thread for the yellow version and a carbon thread for the black version onto a glass fabric.
Internal metal rod; the brushed steel upper parabola acts both to lock the diffuser onto the rod as well as a light reflector inside the diffuser.
Nickel-plated steel base.
- Overall: 8.25 in W x 72.8 in H
- Cord Length: 80.5 in
- 1 x 150W 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 Incandescent lamp (not included) OR
- 1 x 36W 120V 2500 Lumens, 90CRI, 3000K LED lamp (included)
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 111003R2 55 U, 111003L 55 U, 111003R2 20 U, 111003L 20 U Catalog ID 1205205 Reference ID "Foscarini Mite Floor Lamp" (Stock ID 415065448)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.