“Tatou began life as a luminaire that crosses a traditional dome style with a surface that is interpreted through a creative language to screen and let the light filter through from inside. The first prototypes were suspension models, but they immediately bred into a family. Development in various sizes and situations in the domestic environment came naturally. The process began by looking for different ways to reconstruct membranes, conceived like Japanese armor: a series of metal buckles cleverly united by tapes with a powerful emotional value. There was then a process of simplification into overlapping, perforated, vertical bands riveted together. We translated the design into a mass production process by transitioning to injection molding. The overlapping of these bands has been crystallized in three-dimensional leather, a variable section mold and by the geometric pattern. With Flos, the challenge was to obtain a mass produced product, while retaining strong artisan connotations. Tatou is French for armadillo: the mammal famous for its structure made up of plates of bone covered with a protective layer of horn. ‘Tatou’ has an emotional sound to it, which I think is consistent with the emotional function of this object.” Patricia Urquiola
Tatou T diffused light table lamp.
Designed by Patricia Urquiola.
- Tatou Collection
- Designed by Patricia Urquiola, 2012
- Suitable for indoor use
- UL Listed
- Available in various finishes
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Exterior diffuser in polycarbonate.
Internal diffuser in injection printed opal polycarbonate.
Support and base in painted steel.
- Overall: 11 in Dia x 19.7 in H
- Base: 7.7 in Dia
- Cord Length: 59 in
- 1 x 75W 120V max E26 (medium base) Type T Halogen lamp (not included)
- Dry Location
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: FU776109, FU776130, FU776148 Catalog ID 1006763 Reference ID "FLOS Tatou Table Lamp" (Stock ID 402468588)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Product WarrantyAs provided by FLOS:
Manufacturer's 1 year warranty.Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.