Egbert-Jan Lam of Netherlands-based Burojet Design Studio created the ‘embroidered’ Stitches family of lamps. Called Mopti, Tombuctú, Djenné and Bamako-after towns and cities in the West African nation of Mali-each lamp has its own distinct pattern. To make an individual lamp, veneer lengths are crafted in a traditional sewing fashion: the pattern is marked out, cut and then repeated. Where hemming is normally used to complete a garment, the Stitches lamp has a visible hemstitch through which light radiates.
The unique shape of each Stitches lamp is an allusion to the adobe mosques found across Mali. Moreover, the Stitches lamps embody Mali’s long history as a producer of embroidery.
- Stitches Collection
- Shades are sewn together with hemstitch
- LED retrofit bulb recommended to maintain veneer quality
- Dimmable with Incandescent dimmer
- UL Listed
- FSC Certification
- Available in various shade colors
Please note that wood veneers may appear different when light is on versus off.
LZF's real wood veneers are selected to reveal the best natural wood grain effects when illuminated and all have been sourced from forests certified by the Forest Stewardship Council - FSC. Nothing comes close to the beauty of these veneers as a diffusion material and no other veneer treatment gives the strength and the protection to the material without sacrificing the delicacy and suitableness that this natural material communicates when illuminated.
Photographic reproductions of the stained LZF wood veneers, either digital or print, are not necessarily a completely accurate representation of the actual stain color. Please use real color swatches for tone matching. LZF will not accept any requests for return based on selections made using photographic reproductions.
Since wood is a natural material, gradual changes in tone may occur over time. Furthermore, if the lamps have been purchased at different times, there will be differences in color and tone, particularly in the light colored veneers.
LZF's eco friendly patented wood veneer finish timberlite® protects your veneer from breakages and allows for easy cleaning. Depending on the type of lamp use a feather duster, soft cleaning cloth or damp cloth for cleaning. On their the more delicate shades, made from wood strips, a feather duster or an air blower is preferable. In their more solid shades a damp cloth may be used. Clean only the flat surface of the veneer with the cloth avoiding moisture contact along the edge of the veneer.
Avoid direct sunlight or strong indirect sunlight on the fixture. Exposure to the sun changes the color of the wood. Please read all their instructions and recommendations on the use and care of the fixtures.Designed by Egbert-Jan Lam.
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Wood veneer. Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 14.9 in W x 14.9 in D x 32.6 in H
- Canopy: 5.5 in Dia x 2 in H
- Cable Length: 78.7 in
- 1 x 26W E26 (medium base) type A19 Incandescent lamp (not included)
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: STCH TBTU S E26 UL 20, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 24, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 25, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 26, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 28, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 29, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 30, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 31, STCH TBTU S E26 UL 33 Catalog ID 14537688 Reference ID "LZF Stitches Tombuctu Pendant" (Stock ID 27192360969)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.