Standard SP (Siège en Plastique) builds a bridge from past to present, giving this iconic chair a contemporary look without altering its form: made of robust plastic, the seat surface and backrest of Standard SP come in a palette of finely modulated colors. The durable matte finish of the powder-coated bases matches the plastic surfaces of the chair.
Chairs take the most stress on their back legs, where they bear the weight of the user's upper body. The engineer and designer Jean Prouvé illustrated this simple insight in his distinctive design for the Standard chair: while steel tubing suffices for the front legs, since they bear a relatively light load, the back legs are made of voluminous hollow sections that transfer the primary stress to the floor. Standard is offered with a seat and backrest in wood or as the model Standard SP in ASA.
Designed by Jean Prouvé.
- Designed in 1934/1950
- Standard Collection
- Hard glides for carpet
- Available in Deep Black frame color
- Available in Basalt seat and backrest color
Please note, this product option is made-to-order, non-cancellable, and may incur a longer shipping time.
Please note, this product option is non-returnable and excluded from our 30-day return policy.Product Details
Materials Pressed sheet steel and tubular steel, powder-coated (textured). Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 16.5 in W x 19.25 in D x 32.25 in H
- Seat Height: 18.25 in
- Back Height: 14.25 in
SKU21043600 Catalog ID 33544701 Reference ID "Vitra Standard SP Side Chair" (Stock ID 4941394051117)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.