Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system back in 1925-1926. The first lights using the system were designed by PH in cooperation with Louis Poulsen for an exhibition in Paris. This partnership continued up until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free light, direct light where it was most needed, and create soft shadows, using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH 80 is a member of the three-shade family which numbers 18 lights today, including three for outdoor use. PH 80 is based on the same three-shade design centered on the logarithmic spiral. The material is opal acrylic, and the top shade is red to provide warm and atmospheric lighting. The light model number does not refer to the top shade diameter as is normally the case for three-shade models. The light was created in 1974 after PH’s death to mark 80 years since his birth – hence the name PH 80.
Designed by Poul Henningsen.Product Details
- PH Collection
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1974
- The fixture emits diffuse and symmetrical light
- The majority of the light is directed downwards, and the opal acrylic shades provide comfortable room lighting
- The red hue of the top reflector helps giving the light a warmer glow
- Cable type: Plastic cord with plug
- Light control: On/off switch on cord
- Electric shock protection II w/o ground
- Available in White opal acrylic and High luster Chrome plated
Materials Shades: High pressure molded white opal acrylic.
Top shade: Black, high pressure molded polycarbonate.
Base: Black, high pressure molded ABS.
Stem: High luster chrome plated, steel.
- Overall: 21.7 in Dia x 51.6 in H
- Base: 12.6 in Dia
- Cable Length: 102.4 in
- 1 x 100W 120V E26 (medium base) A21 clear Incandescent lamp (not included)
SKU10000120853 GTIN5703411143223 Catalog ID 1349861 Reference ID "Louis Poulsen PH80 Floor Lamp" (Stock ID 434310788)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.