Poul Henningsen designed his first lights back in 1925/1926 for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued right up until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. Poul Henningsen designed Snowball in 1958 and it was exhibited together with PH 5 at the Danish Museum of Decorative Art. However, Snowball received no particular attention on this occasion, and was only re-launched and manufactured from 1983.
Designed by Poul Henningsen.
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1958
The fixture emits comfortable glare-free diffuse light
Matte painted under surfaces and glossy top surfaces result in an attractive reflection of the diffused light, creating uniform light distribution around the fixture
When the light is switched on, the top portion is illuminated while the bottom part remains dark
- Mounting: Canopy: White; Cord type: 3-conductor, 18 AWG white PVC power cord
- Combination of mattee and shiny surfaces gives the fixture a characteristic light intensity
- Suitable for hanging at medium to low heights in meeting rooms, above dining tables, etc
- Suitable for repetitive installations
- 120V E26 (medium base) type A23 Incandescent lamp (watts pending on size of fixture) can also be used
- UL Listed
- Dry Rated: Suitable for indoor use
- Available in White, Wet Painted finish
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Shades: Spun aluminum.
Frame: High luster chrome plated, cast aluminum.
Housing: High luster chrome plated, spun aluminum.
- Overall: 15.75 in Dia x 15.4 in H
- Cord Length: 144 in
- LED and Incandescent compatible
- 1 x 22W 120V E26 (medium base) type A21 LED lamp (not included)
- Dry Rated
SKU5741905171 GTIN5714693092888 Catalog ID 51288 Reference ID "Louis Poulsen PH Snowball Pendant" (Stock ID 172869857)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.