Poul Henningsen developed the PH 5 in 1958, in response to constant changes to the shape and size of incandescent bulbs. At the introduction of the PH 5, Henningsen wrote the following: "I have accepted fate, and with Louis Poulsens permission, I have designed a PH fixture which can be used with any kind of light source, including, Christmas lights and 100 W metal-filament bulbs." The PH 5 was introduced as a classic new product and no one knew at the time that it would eventually become synonymous with the PH brand. Regardless of how the light is installed or the light source used, the PH 5 is and remains completely glare-free. The fixture was christened pH 5 due to the 50 cm diameter of the main shade. Henningsen wanted to improve the color reproduction characteristics of the light source in the PH 5. Small red and blue shades were therefore inserted to supplement the color in the part of the spectrum where the eye is least sensitive: the red and blue areas, thereby subduing the light in the middle yellow-green region where the eye is most sensitive. The PH 5 design has been regularly updated as light sources have developed. The PH 5 plus, designed for use with energy-saving bulbs, was introduced in 1994. To achieve higher efficiency, the metal plate was replaced with frosted glass and the light was painted using a purer white color. To mark the 50th anniversary of the PH 5 in 2008, the PH50 was introduced.
Designed by Poul Henningsen.
- PH Collection
- Suitable for indoor use
- 100% glare-free light
- Symmetric light distribution
- Suitable for high and low mounting
- The fixture illuminates itself and its surroundings
- Timeless design
- Suitable for repetitive installations
- Great architectural versatility
- Cord type: 2-conductor, 18 AWG white braided fabric covered power cord
- cULus Listed
- Available in various finishes
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Shades: spun aluminum, copper, brass.
Concealing shield: sand-blasted, glass.
Struts: rolled aluminum.
- Overall: 11.8 in Dia x 6.4 in H
- Cord Length: 144 in
- 1 x 10W 120V E26 (medium base) type A15 LED lamp (not included)
- Dry Rated
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 10000142114, 10000142117, 10000142119, 10000142118, 10000142115, 10000142110, 10000142113, 10000146159, 10000147590, 5741934359, 5741934456, 5741934906 GTIN5703411660942, 5703411661109, 5703411661062, 5703411661024, 5703411660980, 5703411660867, 5703411660829, 5703411765753, 5703411061770, 5714693559091, 5714693559039, 5714693559060 Catalog ID 14463138 Reference ID "Louis Poulsen PH 5 Mini Pendant" (Stock ID 11158945801)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.