Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH 4½-3½ Glass Table is a member of the three-shade family and is one of 19 versions available today. Approximately one thousand different models have been produced over the years and consisted of table, floor and wall lamps, as well as a number of different chandeliers, which were popular in the 30s for lighting private homes with high ceilings.
PH 4½-3½ Glass Table consists of an approximately 45 cm top shade, but uses lower shades from the 3½ model. These hybrid models were introduced due to the desire to hang pendants at lower heights. The system was also used for wall, table and floor lamps. PH 4½-3½ Glass Table in its current form was introduced in 1990.
Designed by Poul Henningsen.
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1925/1926
The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards
The shades are made of hand-blown opal three-layer glass, which is glossy on top and sandblasted mattee on the underside, giving a soft and uniform light distribution
- Mounting: Cord type: Black; Switch: On/off switch on the base
- Iconic design
- Belongs to a family that includes floor and pendant models
- 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 Incandescent lamp (watts pending on size of fixture) can also be used
- UL Listed
- Dry Rated: Suitable for indoor use
- Available in High luster chrome plated or White opal glass finish
- Quick Ship
- UL Listed
Materials Base: High luster chrome plated, spun brass.
Shades: Hand-blown white opal glass (sandblasted on the undersides for uniform light distribution).
Anti-glare ring: Purple, spun aluminum.
Top plate: High luster chrome plated, spun brass.
Stem: High luster chrome plated, steel.
- Overall: 17.7 in Dia x 21.7 in H
- Base: 8.9 in Dia
- Cord Length: 108 in
- LED and Incandescent compatible
- 1 x 15W 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 LED lamp (not included)
- Dry Rated
SKU5844901253 GTIN5703411157985 Catalog ID 51286 Reference ID "Louis Poulsen PH 4.5/3.5 Glass Table Lamp" (Stock ID 172869585)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.