Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH 3/2½ Bollard is a member of the three-shade family and is one of 19 versions available today. PH was the first person to pursue a scientific approach to light and use the logarithmic spiral as a basis. By using a design based on the logarithmic spiral he achieved even distribution of light over the entire curve of the shade. This even light distribution, together with the diffuse reflection through the glass, made it possible to control glare and shadow. Each shade reduces the amount of light equally, due to their distance from the light source. PH 3/2½ Bollard was introduced in 2005.
Designed by Poul Henningsen.
- PH Collection
- Designed by Poul Henningsen
- Designed on principle of reflective three-shade system directing the majority of the light downwards
- Underside of shade is painted white
- 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 Incandescent lamp (watts pending on size of fixture) can also be used
- UL Listed
- Wet Rated: Suitable for outdoor use
- Available in Black finish
- UL Listed
Materials Top shade: Spun stainless steel.
Middle/lower shade: Spun stainless steel.
Shade holder: Die formed glass.
Post: Stainless steel.
Base plate: Stainless steel.
- Overall: 11.7 in Dia x 35.8 in H
- Base: 5.9 in Dia
- LED and Incandescent compatible
- 1 x 15W 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 LED lamp (not included)
- Wet Rated
SKU10000124039 Catalog ID 1349862 Reference ID "Louis Poulsen PH 3-2½ Outdoor Bollard" (Stock ID 434310804)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.