Nyhavn Wall was designed by Alfred Homann and Ole V. Kjær in 1976. Nyhavn Wall won a prize in a competition held by Louis Poulsen for lighting in old and heritage urban areas. Homann explains the idea behind the wall fixture: It was important that the fixture was smaller and more discreet than the other products on the market at that time. The light is characterized by a cone-shaped shade and three anti-glare rings which emit soft light directed upwards.
- Designed by Alfred Homann and Ole V. Kjær, 1976
- Type: Outdoor wall light
The conical shade ensures comfortable light that is directed downwards in a wide beam
The shade interior has a white matte painted surface, ensuring uniform light distribution
The rings ensure that a stray light is controlled, and direct a small amount of light onto the top side of the shade for self-illumination
- Finish: Copper, brushed; Natural painted aluminum, powder coated or white, wet painted
- Mounting: Surface: Mounted directly to finished surface over a recessed 4” octagonal junction box
- Classic design and aesthetic expression
- Architectural versatility, timeless design, discreet presence
- Belongs to a family with bollard, pendant and post models
Shades: Spun aluminum or spun copper.
Diffuser: Clear glass (INC) or partly frosted glass (CF).
Top: Spun aluminum or spun copper.
Mounting box: Die cast aluminum.
Mounting box cover: Spun aluminum or spun copper.
Arm: Copper plated, red brass or steel.
- Dimensions (inches):
Shade: 12.2Dia x 8.6H
- Lamp type: Incandescent
- Bulbs: 1 x 100W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 Incandescent lamp (not included)
- Label: cULus, Wet location, IBEW
Shipping Time: Ships in 2-4 business days. Please note: White ships in 8-10 weeks.
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
If you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.
2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or fill out the form below.