For over two decades, the Vitra Design Museum has been making miniature replicas of milestones in furniture design from its collection. The Miniatures Collection encapsulates the entire history of industrial furniture design – moving from Historicism and Art Nouveau to the Bauhaus and New Objectivity, from Radical Design and Postmodernism all the way up to the present day.
The Vegetal is an organically-shaped chair that is meant to look as if it had taken its shape naturally. With that goal in mind and inspired by small trees which American gardeners had fashioned into the shape of seating furniture, the French designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec set about designing the Vegetal. Designed for outdoor use, the chair had to be both water-resistant and – for practical purposes – easily stackable. Neither the Bouroullec brothers nor Vitra could have imagined that it would take four years of intense work on both the design and the development of the chair before the ambitious project would finally be realized. The inspiration of natural vegetation is easy to see in the intricate, asymmetrical structure of the branch-like ribs that make up the Vegetal's seat shell as well as the color scheme. Made from polyamide and manufactured using injection molding, the chair is an exploration of the limits of its material and the latest production techniques.
Designed by Erwan Bouroullec.Designed by Ronan.
- Part of the Vitra Miniatures Collection
- Designed by 2008
- 1:6 scale model
- Comes packaged in wood box
- Includes informational booklet
Please note, this product option is made-to-order, non-cancellable, and may incur a longer shipping time.
Please note, this product option is non-returnable and excluded from our 30-day return policy.
Materials Plastic. Specifications Overall Dimensions: 4.25 in W x 3.75 in D x 5 in H SKU20257297 Catalog ID 33544592 Reference ID "Vitra Miniatures Vegetal Chair (Set of 3)" (Stock ID 4941392478253)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.