Defined by an exposed, triangular construction, a gently curved seat and back ideally pitched for relaxation, and distinctive cut-outs for resting the elbows when reading (or, of course, knitting), the Knitting Chair affirmed Kofod-Larsen’s reputation as a master of proportion and unexpected, sculptural form. It was put into production – but only as a limited edition. Since then, the elegant, inventive design has become an increasingly valuable and sought-after collector’s item.
The Knitting Chair is beautiful from every angle, making it easy to place anywhere in a room. Given the chair’s enveloping comfort, it has a relatively small footprint, which makes it an easy fit in compact interiors as well as in more spacious ones. The design also stands out on comfort – the result of Kofod-Larsen’s constant care to ensure ideal angles and lumbar support. The clean, sculptural lines – achieved through the designer’s close work with joiners – and the high-end, natural materials make for an unforgettable, conversation-sparking silhouette.
“Ib’s furniture was rooted in reality,” says the designer’s son, Jan Kofod-Larsen. “He took a lot of pride in his work, and was iterative in the design process, working closely with his manufacturers to get every detail just right. His hope was to create design that would endure, both functionally and aesthetically. So there is a clear parallel with MENU’s design philosophy: the ideal of keeping the best, and leaving the rest. Ib would have been very happy to see that people continue to appreciate his furniture today. And I think he would have enjoyed MENU’s approach and focus on creating for the future while respecting the past.”
- Country of origin: Sweden
- Suitable for indoor use
- Available in Smoked Oak / 0311 - Dakar Leather Sand OR Natural Oak / 21000 - Dunes Cognac finish/fabric colors
- Use a soft dry cloth to clean
- Do not use any cleaners with chemicals or harsh abrasives
- Avoid using water
Designed by Ib Kofod-Larsen.
- Should be cleaned according to the recommendations of the textile/leather supplier
- Quick Ship
Materials Frame: Wax oiled solid oak.
Seat and Back: plywood, foam, aniline leather, fabric.
- Overall: 28.1 in W x 26.3 in D x 35.7 in H
- Seat Height: 11.8 in
Product Weight: 24.25 lbs.
Packaged Weight: 30 lbs.
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 9680849, 9681969 GTIN5709262025589, 5709262045624 Catalog ID 30223239 Reference ID "Menu Knitting Lounge Chair" (Stock ID 4323917692973)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.