A design both unique and pure.
The FH429 Signature Chair was designed by Frits Henningsen, a cabinetmaker who held his profession to very high standards. Henningsen always manufactured his own designs and often began by creating a small model – in this case, using modeling clay and toothpicks. The frame was then made in his Copenhagen workshop, undergoing months of testing and adjustments before Henningsen was content.
After the lounge chair was completed in 1954, fewer than 20 pieces were produced. Carl Hansen & Søn reintroduced the design in 2015.
The simplicity of Henningsen’s work increased over the years. The Signature Chair becoming his purest, most pared-down design. His interest in achieving comfort and elegance through the use of graceful, curved lines is apparent in this final project. Its soft, inviting shapes and floating armrests create a simple, organic form that calls for quiet contemplation.
Designed by Frits Henningsen.Product Details
- Signature Collection
- Designed in 1954
- Available in various wood finishes
- Available in Divina Melange 120, Divina Melange 180, Loke 7150 or Loke 7050 upholstery
- Available in various optional ottoman
Materials Solid wood, fabric, leather, form pressed veneer, foam. Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 26.4 in W x 35 in D x 40.2 in H
- Seat Height: 16.1 in
- Overall: 23.1 in W x 21.6 in D x 15.8 in H
- Seat: 18.7 in W x 21.6 in D
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: FH429, FH429, FH429, FH429, FH429, FH429, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430, FH429 + FH430 Catalog ID 38260443 Reference ID "Carl Hansen and Son FH429 Signature Chair" (Stock ID 5265454727213)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Based on new shipping protocols for COVID-19, Inside Delivery & Package Removal service availability is dependent upon zip code.
Usually Ships via Complimentary 2Modern Inside Delivery & Package Removal.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: This level of service includes transporting the item(s) inside your house/apartment/office to your preferred room of choice and package removal. Shipment can be brought up two flights of stairs in a walk-up; please let us know if you have additional stairs, which may incur additional costs. This is the recommended service for customers in multi-unit buildings or offices.
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
- What's Included: Inside delivery to specified room, package removal, and customer signature required. This level of service does not include assembly or moving of existing items.
Product WarrantyAs provided by Carl Hansen and Son:
5 year warranty.Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.