Perfect for the urban/suburban homesteader, the modern Beehive is a design collaboration between Lake Superior Honey Company and Loll Designs resulting in a sleekly designed, consumer-friendly beehive unlike any other. All aspects of a professional apiary were considered, including the sturdy box to hold internal wood frames, locking flat roof, intuitive ventilation, tall legs for better beekeeper ergonomics, and enough free "bee space" to provide ample room for bees to thrive. The Beehive pairs with off-the-shelf 9⅛” wood frames and has an internal separator that you can adjust as needed, based on growth of the bee colony. Great as a gift, this modern take on a residential beehive would be a welcome addition to any backyard.
- Ships fully assembled
- Dense, non-porous plastic allows for easy cleaning
- Weather resistant
- Adjustable door allows keeper to increase size of entrance
- Adjustable ventilation bars
- Available in various colors
- Made in the USA
- Loll products are made with 100% recycled high-density polyethylene (HDPE) primarily from milk jugs (#2 plastics) that you take out to the curb every week
- Milk jugs are used due to their lack of pigment so Loll's vibrant colors can be created
- As Loll material is a post-consumer recycled material, the medium to create the material does inevitably fluctuate
- Although we do continuously strive for the best consistency possible, material color and texture may slightly vary from sheet good to sheet good and thus product to product
- There is ultraviolet (UV) stability in Loll material. Loll products are manufactured with a highly weatherable HDPE sheet
- Loll's post consumer resin includes a superior UV additive designed for plastics that improves exterior durability, greatly reducing characteristic surface degradation caused by sunlight and other UV light sources
- Pigments/color concentrates are also added that are formulated with the best weathering pigments available in the market in a particular color-space
- This unique and environmentally-conscious paper composite is used in some Loll pieces. Made with resin-saturated paper, Richlite requires no maintenance and may patina over time
Designed by Greg Benson.
- Loll was conceived as a way to repurpose excess skate ramp material. Founded on principles of efficient and responsible use/reuse of manufacturing material, Loll products are fabricated using lean manufacturing techniques
- American Made
Materials 100% Recycled and Recyclable frame:
- Their material is recycled and recyclable high-density polyethylene (HDPE), primarily from milk jugs.
- Approximately 8 milk jugs are reclaimed per pound.
Specifications Overall Dimensions: 32.75 in W x 22.5 in D x 29.5 in H
Packaged Dimensions: 35 in W x 25 in D x 32 in H
Product Weight: 63 lbs.
Packaged Weight: 75 lbs.
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: AC-BEE-DW, AC-BEE-LG, AC-BEE-CW, AC-BEE-OR, AC-BEE-SB Catalog ID 35392001 Reference ID "Loll Designs Bee Hive" (Stock ID 5128356397101)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.