Have Questions? Need Inspiration?
today via e-mail
or (888) 222-4410
Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH 4/3 Table is a member of the three-shade family and is one of 19 versions available today. Approximately one thousand different models have been produced over the years and consisted of table, floor and wall lamps, as well as a number of different chandeliers, which were popular in the 30s for lighting private homes with high ceilings.
PH 4/3 Table consists of an approximately 40 cm top shade, but uses lower shades from the 3/3 model. These hybrid models were introduced due to the desire to hang pendants at lower heights. The system was also used for wall, table and floor lamps. PH 4/3 Table in its current form was introduced in 1966.
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1925/1926
- Type: Table lamp
The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards
The shades are made of metal and painted white to ensure diffuse, comfortable light distribution
- Finish: White, wet painted; High luster chrome plated
- Mounting: Cord type: Black; Switch: In-line on/off foot switch provided
- Characteristic design elements
- Belongs to a family that includes a pendant
* This is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However if an item is customized or made to order, such as this product, 2Modern cannot cancel the order after 48 hours of placement or accept a return.
Louis Poulsen,Modern Table Lamps,Poul Henningsen 1894-1967
Designer: Poul Henningsen
Base: High luster chrome plated, spun brass.
Shades: Spun aluminum.
Stem: High luster chrome plated, steel.
Triangular piece: Black, injection molded bakelite.
- Dimensions (inches):
Overall: 17.7Dia x 21.6H
Cord length: 96
- Lamp type: Incandescent, LED
- Bulbs: 1 x 100W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 Incandescent lamp OR 1 x 15W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 LED lamp (not included)
- Label: cULus, Dry location, IBEW
Catalog ID: 51284
Ships in 2-4 weeks.
This item ships to anywhere in the continental US. For shipments outside the continental US, please click here. For large items please contact us for any requests for inside delivery, assembly or packaging removal. Please read our return information.