Have Questions? Need Inspiration?
today via e-mail
or (888) 222-4410.
On a quest to create a perfect outdoor chair, Jonathan Olivares has designed a chair that is not too heavy, not too light, more comfortable than anything else, and smart enough should it make its way inside. The chair is constructed with a cast aluminum shell and extruded aluminum legs, allowing the chair to achieve its thin profile and organic shape without compromising its durability. Designed to give any space a jolt of color, the chair is offered in a lively palette of bright, electric hues. After graduating from Pratt Institute and the New School, Jonathan Olivares established his own design studio Jonathan Olivares Design Research (JODR) in 2006. The firm deploys a multi-angle approach to product and exhibition design, and research. For the research arm of his design consultancy, Olivares has completed an analysis of the American furniture industry for Domus, and a survey of the history of office chairs, supported by Knoll, and published in 2011 by Phaidon as “A Taxonomy of Office Chairs.” For the Olivares Aluminum Chair, developed for Knoll, Olivares eventually specified a die-cast aluminum shell, a technique that allows for optimum comfort, durability, and weight.
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Shell is constructed of die-cast aluminum with outdoor powder coat paint
- Leg tenons are integrated in the shell and a subtle reveal transitions the shell to the extruded aluminum legs
- Legs are secured to the shell using epoxy and stainless steel fasteners
- Chairs stack 6 high on the floor and 10 high on optional dolly
- Stacking bumper distributes the chair’s weight over a wide area
- Designer’s signature and the KnollStudio logo are located under the seat
- Nylon glides included
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
This product is available in more colors and finishes. Please contact our sales team at (888) 222-4410 or email@example.com
Materials: Die-Cast Aluminum with Integrated Leg Tenons.
22.03W x 21.25D x 31.8H
Seat Height: 17.5
SKU: OAC1 - WHT
Catalog ID: 180506
This item ships in approximately 6-8 weeks.
This item ships to anywhere in the continental US. For shipments outside the continental US, please click here. For large items please contact us for any requests for inside delivery, assembly or packaging removal. Please read our return information.