Eero Saarinen's desire to create a modern lounge chair that derived its comfort from its shape—not its cushioning—yielded one of the most recognizable furniture designs ever manufactured. Fueled by Florence Knoll's request for a supremely comfortable chair, one "I can curl up in," Saarinen leveraged brand new technology to investigate the material possibilities of fiberglass and resin. The result was a Knoll furniture icon—a shell that ingeniously enveloped the human form like a womb—and one of the great design solutions of the 20th Century.
Designed by Eero Saarinen.Due to color variances with monitor display, we recommend ordering samples / swatches before purchasing products.Product Details
- The Eero Saarinen Collection
- Designed in 1948
- Available in wide range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck leathers
- Womb Ottoman is certified Clean Air GOLD
- Available in various fabric colors
- Available in Polished Chrome, Black or Gold Plated frame finish
Proposition 65 WARNING For California Residents — Proposition 65 > Materials Shell is foam-covered molded fiberglass.
Base is steel rod with polished chrome finish.
Specifications Overall Dimensions: 25.5 in W x 20 in D x 16 in H
Product Weight: 13 lbs.
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 74Y-C-K15231, 74Y-BL-K15231, 74Y-GLD-K15231, 74Y-C-K152316, 74Y-BL-K152316, 74Y-GLD-K152316, 74Y-C-K152325, 74Y-BL-K152325, 74Y-GLD-K152325, 74Y-C-K152328, 74Y-BL-K152328, 74Y-GLD-K152328, 74Y-C-K152315, 74Y-BL-K152315, 74Y-GLD-K152315, 74Y-C-K15238, 74Y-BL-K15238, 74Y-GLD-K15238, 74Y-C-K162221, 74Y-BL-K162221, 74Y-GLD-K162221, 74Y-C-K162220, 74Y-BL-K162220, 74Y-GLD-K162220, 74Y-C-K16223, 74Y-BL-K16223, 74Y-GLD-K16223, 74Y-C-K162224, 74Y-BL-K162224, 74Y-GLD-K162224, 74Y-C-K162222, 74Y-BL-K162222, 74Y-GLD-K162222, 74Y-C-K16226, 74Y-BL-K16226, 74Y-GLD-K16226, 74Y-C-K16227, 74Y-BL-K16227, 74Y-GLD-K16227, 74Y-C-K162225, 74Y-BL-K162225, 74Y-GLD-K162225, 74Y-C-H80019, 74Y-BL-H80019, 74Y-GLD-H80019, 74Y-C-H80040, 74Y-BL-H80040, 74Y-GLD-H80040, 74Y-C-H8002, 74Y-BL-H8002, 74Y-GLD-H8002, 74Y-C-H80050, 74Y-BL-H80050, 74Y-GLD-H80050, 74Y-C-H80051, 74Y-BL-H80051, 74Y-GLD-H80051, 74Y-C-H80043, 74Y-BL-H80043, 74Y-GLD-H80043, 74Y-C-VOBLCK, 74Y-BL-VOBLCK, 74Y-GLD-VOBLCK, 74Y-C-VO923, 74Y-BL-VO923, 74Y-GLD-VO923, 74Y-C-VO960, 74Y-BL-VO960, 74Y-GLD-VO960, 74Y-C-VO945, 74Y-BL-VO945, 74Y-GLD-VO945, 74Y-C-VO953, 74Y-BL-VO953, 74Y-GLD-VO953 Catalog ID 128188 Reference ID "Knoll Saarinen Womb Ottoman" (Stock ID 197009677)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: $92.78
Based on new shipping protocols for COVID-19, Inside Delivery & Package Removal service availability is dependent upon zip code.
Usually Ships via 2Modern White Glove Delivery & Assembly.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: This full-service delivery includes inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, placement of product(s) in your room of choice, and removal of all packing materials. Customer signature is required.
- Assembly: The delivery team will provide up to 1 hour of basic assembly service. Assembly includes light set up requiring basic tools, such as a screw driver. Please note: Delivery team will not perform wall mounting, electrical wiring, or services requiring the use of power tools. Deliveries requiring window/door removal or crane services are available for additional fees; please contact customer service for an estimate (888) 222-4410.
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
Complimentary swatches are available for this product. Please fill out the form below to request swatches. If you have any questions, please contact us at (888) 222-4410.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.