Eero Saarinen's desire to create a modern lounge chair that derived its comfort from its shape—not its cushioning—yielded one of the most recognizable furniture designs ever manufactured. Fueled by Florence Knoll's request for a supremely comfortable chair, one "I can curl up in," Saarinen leveraged brand new technology to investigate the material possibilities of fiberglass and resin. The result was a Knoll furniture icon—a shell that ingeniously enveloped the human form like a womb—and one of the great design solutions of the 20th Century.
- The Eero Saarinen Collection
- Designed in 1948
- Available in wide range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck leathers
- Womb Ottoman is certified Clean Air GOLD
- Available in various fabric colors
- Available in Polished Chrome, Black or Gold Plated frame finish
More options are available; please contact our furniture experts, 1-888-222-4410 (press 1).Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However this is a made-to-order product and cannot be canceled or returned after 48 hours of order placement.Designed by Eero Saarinen.Due to color variances with monitor display, we recommend ordering samples / swatches before purchasing products.Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However this is a made-to-order product and cannot be canceled or returned after 48 hours of order placement.Product Details
Materials Shell is foam-covered molded fiberglass.
Base is steel rod with polished chrome finish.
Specifications Overall Dimensions: 25.5 in W x 20 in D x 16 in H
Product Weight: 13 lbs.
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 74Y-C-K162221, 74Y-BL-K162221, 74Y-C-K162220, 74Y-BL-K162220, 74Y-C-K16223, 74Y-BL-K16223, 74Y-C-K162222, 74Y-BL-K162222, 74Y-C-K16226, 74Y-BL-K16226, 74Y-C-K16227, 74Y-BL-K16227, 74Y-C-K162225, 74Y-BL-K162225, 74Y-C-K162224, 74Y-BL-K162224, 74Y-C-H80019, 74Y-BL-H80019, 74Y-C-H80040, 74Y-BL-H80040, 74Y-C-H8002, 74Y-BL-H8002, 74Y-C-H80050, 74Y-BL-H80050, 74Y-C-H80051, 74Y-BL-H80051, 74Y-C-H80043, 74Y-BL-H80043, 74Y-C-VOBLCK, 74Y-BL-VOBLCK, 74Y-C-VO923, 74Y-BL-VO923, 74Y-C-VO960, 74Y-BL-VO960, 74Y-C-VO945, 74Y-BL-VO945, 74Y-C-VO953, 74Y-BL-VO953, 74Y-GLD-K162221, 74Y-GLD-K162220, 74Y-GLD-K16223, 74Y-GLD-K162222, 74Y-GLD-K16226, 74Y-GLD-K16227, 74Y-GLD-K162225, 74Y-GLD-K162224, 74Y-GLD-H80019, 74Y-GLD-H80040, 74Y-GLD-H8002, 74Y-GLD-H80050, 74Y-GLD-H80051, 74Y-GLD-H80043, 74Y-GLD-VOBLCK, 74Y-GLD-VO923, 74Y-GLD-VO960, 74Y-GLD-VO945, 74Y-GLD-VO953, 74Y-C-K152313, 74Y-C-K152325, 74Y-C-K152327, 74Y-C-K15234, 74Y-C-K15231, 74Y-C-K152328, 74Y-BL-K152313, 74Y-BL-K152325, 74Y-BL-K152327, 74Y-BL-K15234, 74Y-BL-K15231, 74Y-BL-K152328, 74Y-GLD-K152313, 74Y-GLD-K152325, 74Y-GLD-K152327, 74Y-GLD-K15234, 74Y-GLD-K15231, 74Y-GLD-K152328 Catalog ID 128188 Reference ID "Knoll Saarinen Womb Ottoman" (Stock ID 197009677)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: $92.78
Based on new shipping protocols for Covid-19, Inside Delivery & Package Removal service will be replaced by Front Door Delivery.
Usually Ships via 2Modern White Glove Delivery & Assembly.
Cancellation & Return PolicyCustom orders are specially made-to-order, just for you. To ensure timely delivery, production begins immediately upon receipt of your order and the item will be built to your chosen specifications. Custom orders cannot be cancelled, changed, returned, or refunded at any time after purchase is made.
- Delivery: This full-service delivery includes inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, placement of product(s) in your room of choice, and removal of all packing materials. Customer signature is required.
- Assembly: The delivery team will provide up to 1 hour of basic assembly service. Assembly includes light set up requiring basic tools, such as a screw driver. Please note: Delivery team will not perform wall mounting, electrical wiring, or services requiring the use of power tools. Deliveries requiring window/door removal or crane services are available for additional fees; please contact customer service for an estimate (888) 222-4410.
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
Complimentary swatches are available for this product. Please fill out the form below to request swatches. If you have any questions, please contact us at (888) 222-4410.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.