Designed by Richard Sapper in the 1970s, the "Plico" trolley is one of the lesser known, though more representative, projects from this unforgettable artist's body of work. Sapper developed his projects starting from a problem that he identified in an existing object or from something that was missing: "I am always interested in doing something new, increasing our life tools. I am interested in designing new things that have their uses or make sense". And with "Plico" Sapper undoubtedly manages to increase the scope of their "domestic utensils". Easy to handle and extremely compact when folded, "Plico" can be used both as a food trolley and as a bed or sofa table. With one simple movement, the top flips over and the trolley is completely transformed. The top becomes slightly protruding with respect to the body of the trolley, turning into a surface for working or eating a meal.
- One object, three functions: a food trolley that can be transformed into a bed or sofa table
- Small but spacious, the particular distance between the two surfaces makes it possible to place bottles, fruit bowls or other containers for medium-sized foodstuffs on the lower one
- Easy to handle and easy to use: with one simple movement the trolley turns into a practical bed or sofa table
- Ideal for enjoying a meal in bed or in front of the television, or for using a laptop comfortably seated in an armchair or on the sofa
- The trolley's two surfaces are wide, with a containing rim; When the upper surface is turned upside down, it creates a large supporting surface, ideal for using a laptop or arranging dishes and food
- The articulated front wheels make the movement of the trolley fluid and perfectly controllable
- A brake positioned on the rear wheels ensures stability when the trolley is stationary and facilitates closing operations
- Easy to close: just hold the top surface and lift it towards you and the trolley folds
- Once folded, the trolley occupies minimal space, allowing it to be placed behind a door or between two pieces of kitchen furniture
- The brakes on the rear wheels make the trolley free-standing when closed
Care Instructions:We recommend cleaning the shelves with a non-abrasive cloth and non-abrasive detergent.Designed by Richard Sapper.Product Details
Proposition 65 WARNING For California Residents — Proposition 65 > Materials The trolley structure is made of black painted iron.
The trays are in matt black thermoplastic resin.
Specifications Overall Dimensions: 33.75 in W x 18 in D x 30.75 in H SKURS11 B GTIN8003299439300 Catalog ID 33203744 Reference ID "Alessi Plico Trolley" (Stock ID 4870172278829)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: $0.00
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.