Of fire, water, earth, and air, fire’s powerful symbolism is most compelling. Fire conjures images of creation, transformation, passion, and motivation. The Ingot Collection, drawing on these rich references, is a luxurious selection of exactingly hand-crafted and handmade cocktail and accent tables, fire pits and pedestals forged of welded copper and brass. Each unique work of functional art features never-before-seen, hand-hammered designs that have been developed over generations. The families of craftspeople who create these pieces have a deep understanding of earth’s precious metals, not unlike Rilke’s grasp of poetry, or Picasso’s mastery of art.
Santa Clara de Cobre was the largest producer of copper in New Spain during colonial times, and the center of copper production for centuries. Artisans steeped in metalworking craft follow an incredibly laborious process to manually produce every aspect of each table, pedestal, and fire pit so the resulting object is one to be cherished and admired, as you would a fine painting or sculpture. Their workshop is an evocative world of smoke and heat where age-old hammering techniques completely replace mechanical procedures. The resulting works are true heirlooms that reflect love of the craft, having been handed down from generation to generation.
The painstaking process involves flattening sheets of copper over intensely hot pinewood fires, hammering decorations into the washed copper, adding patinas and colors to the face of the metal before it is fashioned into luxurious furnishings that stand the test of time. Once complete, each object is coated with PVC to protect the copper finish against fading or oxidation so that it can be enjoyed, admired, and treasured well into the future.
- Ingot Collection
- Country of Manufacture: Mexico
- Each item is individually produced by artisans using traditional hammer and metalworking techniques, no mechanical processes are used; all patterns are created by individual hammer strikes, as such, each piece is unique and will vary in color and pattern
- Assembly Required
- Available in three sizes
- Available in Nubian color
Materials Hand-hammered copper top and sides with smooth-finish base and Permalac® coating.
Powder-coated low-carbon steel inner support frame, adjustable nylon glides; spun stainless steel burner and cover.
Tempered glass fire guard with matte black plated aluminum clips.
- Small: 18 in Dia x 24 in H
- Medium: 18 in Dia x 36 in H
- Large: 18 in Dia x 48 in H
- Small: 40 lbs.
- Medium: 49 lbs.
- Large: 69 lbs.
- Small: 86 lbs.
- Medium: 109 lbs.
- Large: 138 lbs.
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 520FT011P2N-24, 520FT011P2N-36, 520FT011P2N-48 Catalog ID 33981164 Reference ID "Seasonal Living Nubian Round Fire Pedestal" (Stock ID 5013944500269)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Based on new shipping protocols for COVID-19, Inside Delivery & Package Removal service availability is dependent upon zip code.
Usually Ships via 2Modern Inside Delivery & Package Removal.
Cancellation PolicyReturn Policy
- Delivery: This level of service includes transporting the item(s) inside your house/apartment/office to your preferred room of choice and package removal. Shipment can be brought up two flights of stairs in a walk-up; please let us know if you have additional stairs, which may incur additional costs. This is the recommended service for customers in multi-unit buildings or offices.
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
- What's Included: Inside delivery to specified room, package removal, and customer signature required. This level of service does not include assembly or moving of existing items.
Contact Customer Service