New Orleans Toile: Backstreets is a peek into New Orleans and its citizens incomparable lust for life. The toile is about the city of New Orleans today and the way we live. Our lifestyle is literally an art form as New Orleans exudes decadence, beauty, opulence, and decay in a one of a kind culture filled with character and soul.
Artist and illustrator Alexa Pulitzer grew up in New Orleans where the music, architecture, culture and lifestyle encouraged her creative spirit. From majestic French Quarter architecture to the colorful streets of the Treme and from traditional Jazz Funerals to celebratory Second Lines, Preservation Hall and Mardi Gras Indians; New Orleans’ vibrant culture is unmatched. This toile translates this exotic lifestyle by highlighting these slices unique to our city’s culture.
This collaboration has been something Flavor Paper owner Jon Sherman had been working on for years as much of the company’s joie de vive comes from its New Orleans origins and influence. Having envisioned Alexa’s beautiful illustrations as the foundation of the pattern, they collaborated to make sure key cultural experiences were incorporated and then layered over an aged background that captures the beautiful patina of the city’s history.
Preservation Hall is very personal to both Alexa, who is on the advisory board, and Jon, who was married there, and a portion of the proceeds from sales of New Orleans Toile: Backstreets will be donated to the Preservation Hall Foundation to “Preserve, Perpetuate, and Protect traditional New Orleans Jazz”.
“Preservation Hall is where you’ll find all the greats” - Louis Armstrong
Designed by Alexa Pulitzer.Product Details
- Class A fire rating
- Water activated paste
- Water strippable for easy removal
- Slightly transparent, so prime before installation
- Available in various colors
Materials Bright white, smooth, PVC-free, FSC certified, 10% recycled content, mold/mildew resistant wallpaper. Roll Length 252 (inches) Roll Width 24 (inches) Pattern Repeat 24 (inches) Pattern Match straight across SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: notb-i, notb-bg, notb-gg, notb-p Catalog ID 32427862 Reference ID "Flavor Paper New Orleans Toile Backstreets Wallpaper" (Stock ID 4579187654701)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Wallpaper Roll Calculator
Use our wallpaper calculator to determine how many wallpaper rolls you may need. Calculation is specific to this wallpaper and automatically adds 10% to ensure complete wall coverage.
Please enter your wall size:
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.