The MVV story begins in the 1970s. This new suspension lamp is a first, and was designed by Manuel Valls Vergés, one of Spain’s most notable architects at the time and partner of Jose Antonio Coderch for 15 years, alongside whom he undertook such prominent projects as the Ugalde house, near Barcelona. The MVV name reflects Vergés’ initials, as a way of displaying his authorship of this unique lamp. That was the desire of his grandson, also an architect, and of his partners in the Two-bo studio. Pablo, María and Alberto rescued this lamp 45 years later.
Marset, acting as a bridge in time, took the original design —an octagon with overlapping sheets— and updated it by giving it a dual skin: cherry wood on the outside of the sheets and a white color inside to enhance the light quality. The measurements are the same as the original’s —45 cm— and the interior structure, which was originally made of iron, is now polycarbonate, which makes it lighter. Through the use of wood, the MVV yields an exceptionally warm light.
An understated, rational and eminently geometric lamp —the MVV is like a construction site, in which the direct, down-facing light is complemented by indirect light that filters through the sheets. A design that, though timeless, reflects the constructive logic of that period and evokes a great many memories.
Designed by Manuel Valls Vergés.Product Details
- MVV Collection
- Designed in 2019
- Suitable for indoor use
- Assembly required
- Install Orientation: Vertical
- Steel and glossy black polycarbonate structure housing 8 sheets of PET with cherry wood on the outside and a white interior
- Transparent methacrylate diffuser at the top
- Black electrical cord
- Accommodates 15-40° slope
- Available in Black/Cherry Wood finish
Proposition 65 WARNING For California Residents — Proposition 65 > Materials Steel, polycarbonate. Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 17.7 in Dia x 88.6 in H
- Shade: 17.7 in Dia x 10.6 in H
- Canopy: 4.3 in Dia x 1.4 in H
- Cord Length: 78 in
- 1 x 8W 120V E26 (medium base) type Standard, 742 Lumens, 90CRI, 2700K LED lamp (not included)
- Dry Rated
SKUA688-002 Catalog ID 34561116 Reference ID "Marset MVV 45 LED Pendant Light" (Stock ID 5056424050733)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: $0.00
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Product WarrantyAs provided by Marset:
2 years warranty.Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.