The collaboration between Foscarini and Marc Sadler began with Mite; a floor lamp so innovative that it was awarded the Compasso d’Oro (Golden Compass) in 2001. The company and the designer even developed a special patent for Mite: a mix of fiberglass and carbon thread or Kevlar® that acts as both decoration and a supporting structure at the same time. Technology previously used to produce fishing rods, oars and golf clubs, was introduced to the lighting world for the first time. The extreme flexibility of this material – which is light and resistant at the same time – has enabled the design of an entire collection of lamps for various different uses. This has given rise to Giga-Lite – offered in floor and suspension versions, both of which feature a large, cylindrical diffuser of 50cm diameter. Three light sources pointed in different directions light the diffuser evenly, giving prominence to the decoration of the lamp and projecting an intense and warm band of light upwards and downwards. The dimensions of the Giga-Lite collection make it suitable for both domestic and contract use, furnishing any room with an elegant personality that characterizes the entire collection.
Designed by Marc Sadler.
- Giga-lite Collection
- Designed by Marc Sadler, 2004
- Dimmable with Incandescent dimmer
- Avaialble in Black finish
- Made in Italy
- Quick Ship
Materials Diffuser achieved using an artisanal process that entails the application of a Kevlar thread for the yellow version and a carbon thread for the black version onto a glass fabric.
Brushed stainless steel telescopic rod which can be extended by approximately 10 inch.
With external knob lock, satin finish stainless steel base with laser-cut metal ballast.
- Overall: 19.75 in Dia x 61-68.9 in H
- Base: 11 in W
- Cable Length: 98.4 in
- 3 x 150W 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 Incandescent lamp (not included)
SKU139013 20 U Catalog ID 1205237 Reference ID "Foscarini Giga-Lite Floor Lamp" (Stock ID 415065560)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.