Of fire, water, earth, and air, fire’s powerful symbolism is most compelling. Fire conjures images of creation, transformation, passion, and motivation. The Ingot Collection, drawing on these rich references, is a luxurious selection of exactingly hand-crafted and handmade cocktail and accent tables, fire pits and pedestals forged of welded copper and brass. Each unique work of functional art features never-before-seen, hand-hammered designs that have been developed over generations. The families of craftspeople who create these pieces have a deep understanding of earth’s precious metals, not unlike Rilke’s grasp of poetry, or Picasso’s mastery of art.
Santa Clara de Cobre was the largest producer of copper in New Spain during colonial times, and the center of copper production for centuries. Artisans steeped in metalworking craft follow an incredibly laborious process to manually produce every aspect of each table, pedestal, and fire pit so the resulting object is one to be cherished and admired, as you would a fine painting or sculpture. Their workshop is an evocative world of smoke and heat where age-old hammering techniques completely replace mechanical procedures. The resulting works are true heirlooms that reflect love of the craft, having been handed down from generation to generation.
The painstaking process involves flattening sheets of copper over intensely hot pinewood fires, hammering decorations into the washed copper, adding patinas and colors to the face of the metal before it is fashioned into luxurious furnishings that stand the test of time. Once complete, each object is coated with PVC to protect the copper finish against fading or oxidation so that it can be enjoyed, admired, and treasured well into the future.
Each item is individually produced by artisans using traditional hammer and metalworking techniques. No mechanical processes are used; all patterns are created by individual hammer strikes. As such, each piece is unique and will vary in color and pattern.
- Ingot Collection
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Available in Hammer Aged Bullion / Smooth Inca Cacao Plinth OR Hammer Raw Sterling / Smooth Nubian Plinth top and sides/base
Warning: Tables and Chairs/Stools must NEVER be used to be climbed on to, no standing on, no jumping on or off any table or chair. Do not use tables or chairs as step ladders, they are not designed for this purpose. Make certain the “Levelers” located on the bottom of each table or pedestal (at the corners) are in place and used to maintain the piece on an actual level surface. DO NOT permit any child to play on or under any furniture at any time.Product Details
Materials Hand-hammered copper top and sides with smooth-finish base and permalac® coating, powder-coated low-carbon steel inner support frame, adjustable nylon glides. Specifications Overall Dimensions: 52 in W x 27.5 in D x 12.5 in H
Packaged Dimensions: 56 in W x 32 in D x 17 in H
Product Weight: 86 lbs.
Packaged Weight: 175 lbs.
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 520FT012P2AB, 520FT012P2RS Catalog ID 29370938 Reference ID "Seasonal Living Forge Coffee Table" (Stock ID 4049552212013)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Inside Delivery & Package Removal.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: This level of service includes transporting the item(s) inside your house/apartment/office to your preferred room of choice and package removal. Shipment can be brought up two flights of stairs in a walk-up; please let us know if you have additional stairs, which may incur additional costs. This is the recommended service for customers in multi-unit buildings or offices.
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
- What's Included: Inside delivery to specified room, package removal, and customer signature required. This level of service does not include assembly or moving of existing items.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.