The cocoon is composed of silk that is made in glands within the body of the silkworm. In commercial silk farming, silk thread (usually totaling hundreds of meters from each cocoon) is spun off from the cocoons after they've been boiled, but they are using the totally unprocessed cocoons.
The diffuser is formed of a random configuration of silk cocoons, each of which is attached to a hand soldered wire matrix. The process starts by attaching the silk cocoons to strands of wire. The first strands are then attached to a hand brushed stainless steel frame, and the layers of silk cocoon slowly built up, checking the overall form of the piece all along the way.
Evolutionary Pendant Light is composed of silk cocoons left in their natural soft-white color. The cocoons will yellow a bit with age. Provides diffused ambient illumination.
- Country of Manufacture: Thailand
- Made of natural materials
- White cloth cordset
- White pan canopy and j-box installation hardware
Cleaning: Diffuser can be lightly vacuumed to remove dust, and when necessary, removed for dry cleaning. For stainless steel, use proprietary cleaning solution and soft cloth or paper towel.
- UL Listed
Materials Base: Hand finishes stainless steel.
Diffuser: silk cocoon.
- Overall: 23" Dia x 23" H
- Canopy: 5.5" Dia x 1" H
- Cord length: 118"
- 1 x 100W 120V E26 (medium base) Incandescent lamp (not included)
SKUAW-CL12040 Catalog ID 7756762 Reference ID "ANGO Evolutionary Pendant Light" (Stock ID 5863701765)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: Free
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.