Unveiled in 1948 at the Finland House in New York, the A1965 Pendant was an instant success for Paavo Tynell and one of the lighting fixtures considered to define his mid-century peak. It delicately holds some of his most distinctive design traits; the perforated and polished brass material combined with a unique lift mechanism, raising and lowering the lamp to different heights. The A1965 pendant gracefully diffuse the light downwards through frosted glass, omitting glare whilst gently illuminating the room. The hanging counterweighted A1965 Pendant was Tynell’s attempt to add lighting mobility to the ceiling fixture and combing the advantages of the portable and the installed lamp. The impeccable construction of the A1965 Pendant fully reveals Paavo Tynell’s knack for elevating ordinary light fixtures into functional art and this remarkable style played a significant role in shaping the aesthetic of mid-century lighting.
Designed by Paavo Tynell.
- Suitable for indoor use
- Due to natural materials surface and structure can vary
- Diffuser: Transparent glass, frosted on one side
- Brass fabric wire
- All lamps can be fitted with a dimmer
- cULus Listed
- Available in Classic White Semi Matt, Soft Black Semi Matt or Polished Brass finish
- UL Listed
Materials Steel, glass diffuser, fabric cord. Specifications Dimensions:
- Overall: 18.1 in Dia x 10.2 in H
- Hang Height: 24-137.8 in
- Canopy: 4.3 in Dia x 3.5 in H
- Cord Length: 149.6 in
- Incandescent, Halogen, LED compatible
- 3 x 60W max 120V E26 (medium base) Incandescent lamp (not included) OR
- 3 x 46W max 120V E26 (medium base) Halogen lamp (not included) OR
- 13W-16W max 120V E26 (medium base) 1530 Lumens, 90CRI LED lamp (not included)
- Dry Rated
SKUCurrent selection: Please make a selection.List of SKUs available: 10003875, 10003874, 10003876 GTIN5710902837530, 5710902837523, 5710902837547 Catalog ID 33955455 Reference ID "Gubi A1965 Pendant Light" (Stock ID 5009903714349)
Shipping DetailsShipping Cost: $0.00
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.Return Policy2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy page.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or email us.