Marcel Breuer was an apprentice at the Bauhaus when he conceived the world's first tubular steel chair. Inspired by the frame of a bicycle, a product he greatly admired for its functional design, Breuer saw tubular steel as a way of building a more transparent chair. Influenced by the constructivist theories of the Dutch De Stjil movement, Breuer took a familiar form in this case the classic club chair and reduced it to its elemental lines and planes. The composition of leather strips suspended on steel tubes was the first chair of its kind. Breuer later named the chair after Wassily Kandinsky, the first person to whom he showed the chair.
- Marcel Breuer Collection
- Designed by Marcel Breuer ca. 1925
- Four plastic glides snap into pre-drilled holes on base of the chair
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Marcel Breuer are stamped into the base of the chair
- Available in 26 Spinneybeck Belting Leathers, 3 Cowhide Leathers, and 8 Haired Hide options
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
More fabric and color options are available; please contact our Furniture expert, Pondi Sottile, at 888-222-4410 xtn 1006.
Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However if an item is customized or made to order, such as this product, 2Modern cannot cancel the order after 48 hours of placement or accept a return.
- Quick Ship
||Edges of black cowhide leather are dyed black.
Frame is seamless tubular steel with a polished chrome finish.
Overall: 31" W x 27" D x 28.75" H
Seat height: 16.5"
Arm height: 23"
Shipping Time: Haired Hide Black ships in 20 business days. Belting Leather Dark Brown, Belting Leather Warm Beige ship in 5-6 weeks. All others ship in 6-8 weeks.
Ships via 2Modern White Glove Delivery & Assembly.
- Delivery: This full-service delivery includes inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, placement of product(s) in your room of choice, and removal of all packing materials. Customer signature is required.
- Assembly: The delivery team will provide up to 1 hour of basic assembly service. Assembly includes light set up requiring basic tools, such as a screw driver. Please note: Delivery team will not perform wall mounting, electrical wiring, or services requiring the use of power tools. Deliveries requiring window/door removal or crane services are available for additional fees; please contact customer service for an estimate (888) 222-4410.
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
Custom orders are specially made-to-order, just for you. To ensure timely delivery, production begins immediately upon receipt of your order and the item will be built to your chosen specifications. A non-refundable 50% deposit will be taken when the order is placed and held in escrow. Custom orders cannot be cancelled, changed, returned, or refunded at any time after purchase is made.
Custom orders are specially made-to-order, just for you. To ensure timely delivery, production begins immediately upon receipt of your order and the item will be built to your chosen specifications.A non-refundable 50% deposit will be taken when the order is placed and held in escrow. Custom orders cannot be cancelled, changed, returned or refunded at any time after purchase is made.
Complimentary swatches are available for this product. Please fill out the form below to request up to 7 swatches. If you have any questions, please contact us at (888) 222-4410.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or fill out the form below.