Have Questions? Need Inspiration?
today via e-mail
or (888) 222-4410.
Please fill out the form to request up to 7 swatches. Samples take approximately 2-3 business days for delivery. All fields required.
Inspired by the surprising strength of the apple crates he had played on as a child, Frank Gehry created this thoroughly original collection of bentwood chair and table designs. Gehry's architecture draws its strength from the sculptural approach with which he has expanded the vocabulary of buildings. Bringing this same approach to furniture, Gehry constructed the entire collection with interwoven strips of maple. The ribbon-like designs transcend the conventions of style by focusing, as the great modernists did, on the essential challenge of deriving form from function. Construction and Details
- Seat cushon available in a range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck leathers for both the chair and ottoman
- Resiliency foam used for cushions. Cushions snap-lock to the underside of the chair
- Frame constructed of hard white maple veneer strips, laminated 6 to 9 thick with high-bonding urea glue
- Thermo-set assembly glue provides structural rigidity without the need for metal connectors
- To maximize tension compression, limited assembly glue is used in woven seat: weaves flex in unison for spring-like comfort
- Power Club Chair back flexes for added comfort
- Clear plastic glides with matte frost finish included
- Ottoman has one pair of legs that can be locked in upright position to create a slanted leg and foot rest, or can be folded underneath for low foot rest or floor cushion
- The underside of each piece is embossed with the Knoll logo and Frank Gehry's signature
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
Due to variances in color perception with a monitor, samples are available and strongly recommended. Please contact our sales team at (888) 222-4410 to request a sample.
(inches) 23.38w x 23.38d x 8.13-13.88h
Catalog ID: 127673
Ships in 6-8 weeks.
This item ships to anywhere in the continental US. For shipments outside the continental US, please click here. For large items please contact us for any requests for inside delivery, assembly or packaging removal. Please read our return information.