Availability: This item ships in approximately 5-7 weeks.
An Eco Product2Modern is proud to support the world of sustainable design. Whether featuring reclaimed wood, recycled parts, or fair-trade certification, we have identified the most talented sustainable designers of modern furniture, lighting and accessories who seamlessly integrate form, function, and "eco-friendliness". This logo represents our certification that the designer or manufacturer has proven to us they have taken the steps to make a positive difference in our world. All eco-friendly information should be listed on the product page. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Made in USAThis icon represents that a product has been made in the United States. 2Modern does not discriminate good design, however, we do want to recognize the efforts of our designers that support the US economy, provide jobs and teach other citizens their craft. Furthermore, if a product is made in the US, the overall transportation costs are less for materials and finished product, which helps our environment.
HandmadeHandmade items deserve special recognition. Products made individually with care can be a refreshing respite from a world full of mass manufacturing. Whether it is hand-sewn, hand-crafted, or hand-painted, we proudly highlight these artisans and their items.
Quick Ship ProgramWant it fast? Look for this icon. These items ship in 5 business days or less (and most ship within 48 hours). Need it faster? Contact our Customer Service Team to expedite shipping: 888-222-4410 or email@example.com.
JPMA CertifiedThis brand has been certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association. JPMA is proud to provide a certification program that demands quality, safety and functionality. The JPMA Certification Seal confirms a brand's adherence to the requirements established by ASTM, verified through independent laboratory testing and follow-up on-site inspection of the manufacturer's production line.
UL ListedUL is a non-profit organization dedicated to public safety. The UL Mark on a product means UL has tested representative samples of that product and determined it meets rigorous UL requirements. Once a product receives certification, UL continues to monitor the safety and quality of certified products, ensuring UL requirements are maintained.
Monte - Luca Glider. The Luca Glider chair by Monte is a luxurious creation. Designed to accommodate the needs of a little one, this glider chair features an ergonomic arm rest at the right height for baby feedings morning, noon, and night. The chair's high back provides plenty of support for your neck and back region and a lumbar pillow is included for additional support.
The Luca Glider chair is crafted with a solid wood base in a deep shade of brown. It is upholstered using a soft yet durable fabric which is easy to clean. The nearly effortless gliding motion will provide a gentle movement to help your baby fall fast asleep in no time at all. Youll even enjoy those late night feedings once you get to relax with your baby in this comfortable addition to your nursery.
Even if you no longer have any little ones to tend to, the Luca Glider will still make an exquisite addition to any room in your home where you want to be comfortable. Use it as a favorite reading chair or out on the sun porch for a relaxing afternoon.
The foam used in the construction of these cushions is a flexible polyurethane with a soy oil content. While it is required that all foam that is sold in the U.S. have a flame retardant, there are no PBDE's in the foam used on these products. Monte is a member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
Where: This item ships to anywhere in the continental US. For shipments outside the continental US, please click here. For large items please contact us for any requests for inside delivery, assembly or packaging removal. Please read our return information.
Pretty good glider, but with hesitations
I had to buy this glider as the door to my bedroom was somewhat narrow (~29 inches), and none of the gliders I could find that was upholstered would fit in that space. While I really liked this glider, and got a lot of use from it the first month or two, if I were to do it over again, I would not get it.
- really well made. Very quiet, sturdy, etc. The rocking motion is really smooth, and it is very comfortable.
- It looks great. Modern, nice color choices, etc.
- Fabric is stain resistant (got the grey color). I got breast milk on it 1000 times, and it always just wiped right off. I haven't babied it at all, and it still looks new.
- It is narrow (which was why I wanted it), which means that when your baby gets bigger, and you are trying to hold her sideways, she won't quite fit within the chair. And bigger babies start to kick. My baby is very tall (99% percentile), but at 3 months and 26 inches tall (about the same size as a average 6 month year old), it is extremely unwieldly to feed her.
- I started to not use this product at all. My baby really likes the bouncing motion from the bouncy ball rather than the rocking motion from this. I end up just bouncing with her, and that calms her down much faster.
- This just needs too much space. I never ended up using the reclining feature. Who has that much space in their bedroom that they have enough space to put this chair in the middle of the room so that it can fully recline? Especially once your house is full of baby gear?
- It slides around a lot. I had to vigorously rock my baby if I wanted her to sleep the first month. With the rocking motion, the chair slides around so much that I was constantly moving it away from the walls to be able to rock it. It would have been great if they came with rubber bottoms. I ended up putting those rug holders underneath and that worked OK on my hardwood floors.
Yoojin Ivanovic Seattle, WA 12/20/2012
Comfortable and well made
I looked all over for a less expensive glider but am so glad I took the plunge and bought this one instead. It is sturdy and well made, and the cushions have maintained their shape despite what feels like hundreds of hours of rocking the baby in the glider. The orange color is nice, though a tad bit darker than it looks on screen, and looks good with the khaki piping.
Brannon Austin, TX 10/31/2012
Super Comfortable and Classy
This chair has just the right balance of support and comfort. I love reading books to my daughter in it and it helps to lull her to sleep.
We got the white chair with gray piping. Only complaint is that it can attract dirt. I wish the fabric was a little more stain resistant.