Have Questions? Need Inspiration?
today via e-mail
or (888) 222-4410
Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH 4½-3½ Glass Floor is a member of the three-shade family and is one of 19 versions available today. Approximately one thousand different models have been produced over the years and consisted of table, floor and wall lamps, as well as a number of different chandeliers, which were popular in the 30s for lighting private homes with high ceilings.
PH 4½-3½ Glass Floor consists of an approximately 45 cm top shade, but uses lower shades from the 3½ model. These hybrid models were introduced due to the desire to hang pendants at lower heights. The system was also used for floor, table and wall lamps. PH 4½-3½ Glass Floor in its current form was introduced in 1990.
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1925/1926
- Type: Floor lamp
The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards
The shades are made of hand-blown opal three-layer glass, which is glossy on top and sandblasted matte on the underside, giving a soft and uniform light distribution
- Finish: High luster chrome plated; White opal glass
- Mounting: Cord type: Black; Switch: In-line on/off foot switch provided
- Exclusive product
- Belongs to a family that includes table and pendant models
* This is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However if an item is customized or made to order, such as this product, 2Modern cannot cancel the order after 48 hours of placement or accept a return.
Floor Lamps,Louis Poulsen,On Sale at 2Modern,Poul Henningsen 1894-1967
Designer: Poul Henningsen
Base: High luster chrome plated, spun brass.
Shades: Hand-blown white opal glass (sandblasted on the undersides for uniform light distribution).
Anti-glare ring: Purple, spun aluminum.
Top plate: High luster chrome plated, spun brass.
Stem: High luster chrome plated, steel.
- Dimensions (inches):
Overall: 17.7Dia x 49.2H
Cord length: 84
- Lamp type: Incandescent, LED
- Bulbs: 1 x 100W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 Incandescent lamp OR 1 x 15W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 LED lamp (not included)
- Label: cULus, Dry location, IBEW
SKU: PH 4 1/2 -3 1/2-F
Catalog ID: 51285
Ships in 2-4 business days.
This item ships to anywhere in the continental US. For shipments outside the continental US, please click here. For large items please contact us for any requests for inside delivery, assembly or packaging removal. Please read our return information.