Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. The PH 2/1 Pendant is a member of the three-shade family and is one of 19 versions available today.
The PH 2/1 Pendant consists of an approximately 20 cm top shade, but uses lower shades from the 1/1 model. These hybrid models were introduced due to the desire to hang the pendants at lower heights.
- Designed by Poul Henningsen, 1925/1926
- Type: Pendant light
The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards
The shades are made of hand-blown opal three-layer glass, which is glossy on top and sandblasted matte on the underside, giving a soft and uniform light distribution
- Finish: High luster chrome plated; White opal glass
- Mounting: Canopy: White; Cord type: 3-conductor, 18 AWG black PVC power cord
- Suitable for repetitive installations
- Timeless design
- Belongs to a family of chandeliers and wall lamps
Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However if an item is customized or made to order, such as this product, 2Modern cannot cancel the order after 48 hours of placement or accept a return.
Shades: Hand-blown white opal glass (sandblasted on the undersides for uniform light distribution).
Suspension: High luster chrome plated, spun aluminum.
- Dimensions (inches):
Shade: 7.9Dia x 5.5H
Cord length: 144
- Lamp type: Incandescent
- Bulbs: 1 x 40W 120V E14 Incandescent lamp (not included)
- Label: cULus, Dry location, IBEW
Shipping Time: Ships in 2-4 business days.
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door. If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order may be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. In some cases, a signature may be required. Please note: this option does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 if additional delivery options are needed.
Custom orders are specially made-to-order, just for you. To ensure timely delivery, production begins immediately upon receipt of your order and the item will be built to your chosen specifications. A non-refundable 50% deposit will be taken when the order is placed and held in escrow. Custom orders cannot be cancelled, changed, returned, or refunded at any time after purchase is made.
Custom orders are specially made-to-order, just for you. To ensure timely delivery, production begins immediately upon receipt of your order and the item will be built to your chosen specifications.A non-refundable 50% deposit will be taken when the order is placed and held in escrow. Custom orders cannot be cancelled, changed, returned or refunded at any time after purchase is made.
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or fill out the form below.