Have Questions? Need Inspiration?
today via e-mail
or (888) 222-4410
Originally introduced in the 1950th . It was designed in close cooperation between the Navy Buildings Department and Louis Poulsen. The pendant was used for many years in the buildings of the Navy for many different applications such as canteens and offices. The Navy Pendant, which was the name at that time, was widely used because of the unique lighting properties and utility. Not until the early 1980th the product was taken out of the Louis Poulsen catalogues. In recent years, more and more of the old editions have been sold again through antique stores and auctions. This has caused a demand and Louis Poulsen has been asked to re-launch the products. The new version is very close to the original. However, the colors have been updated to correspond to the colors of the time, while the production methods are the same. The shades are still and spun by hand and completed with the fine rolled edge which gives the shades a special optical volume. The brass variant challenges the craftsman as it is spun from a solid brass plate and appears polished.
- Designed by Louis Poulsen A/S in cooperation with the Navy Buildings Department, 1950
- Type: Pendant light
The fixture primarily provides a downward directed soft light by means of the white lacquered inner conical reflector
The outer reflector, the main shade, contributes to directing the light up- and downwards, while at the same time spreading the soft diffuse light
The inside of the main shade is illuminated through an opening in the inner conical reflector
- Finish: White, Dark grey, Red, Green, Blue powder coated or Brass
Cord type: 3-conductor, 18 AWG white PVC power cord
- Comfortably desk top lighting
- Great architectural versatility
- Robust construction
- Simplistic design
- The design reflects the lighting emission
* This is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However if an item is customized or made to order, such as this product, 2Modern cannot cancel the order after 48 hours of placement or accept a return.
Shade: Spun aluminum or spun brass.
Suspension: Spun aluminum.
Struts: Stainless steel.
- Dimensions (inches):
Overall: 11.1Dia x 9.7H
Cord length: 144
- Lamp type: LED, Incandescent
- Bulbs: 1 x 60W 120V E26 (medium base) A-19 Incandescent lamp OR 1 x 15W 120V E26 (medium base) A-19 LED lamp (not included)
- Label: cULus, Dry location, IBEW
Catalog ID: 179497
Ships in 2-4 weeks. Please note: ONLY Blue, Brass and Green are in stock. All other options are currently backordered.
This item ships to anywhere in the continental US. For shipments outside the continental US, please click here. For large items please contact us for any requests for inside delivery, assembly or packaging removal. Please read our return information.