AJ Eklipta was designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1959 for Rødovre Town Hall. Two sizes were produced for this project: 350 mm and 450 mm. They were used indoors on stairways and outdoors as wall lamps. A 220 mm version was later designed for St. Catherines College in England. Arne Jacobsen preferred the largest model when specifying his own projects. Today, AJ Eklipta is used worldwide and in a variety of architectural contexts.
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1959
- Type: Wall light
The fixture emits soft comfortable light
The glass is designed to provide a uniformly lit surface
The three-layer hand-blown opal glass shade has a transparent edge, providing a decorative halo of light around the fixture
- Finish: White, powder coated, white opal glass
- Mounting: Surface: Mounted directly to finished surface over a recessed 4” octagonal junction box (13.7”/17.7”) or 3” octagonal junction box (8.7”)
- Available in 2 sizes: small (8.7 in D) and large (13.7 in D)
- Uniform lighting intensity across the glass surface
- Fixture housing creates a decorative spacing between the glass shade and the mounting surface
- Transparent glass edge forms a decorative border around the product
- Ideal for repetitive installations
- Offers flexibility where uniform lighting is desired
Designed by Arne Jacobsen
* This is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However if an item is customized or made to order, such as this product, 2Modern cannot cancel the order after 48 hours of placement or accept a return.
Ceiling/Wall box: Spun aluminum.
Diffuser: Hand-blown white opal glass.
- Dimensions (inches):
Small: Overall: 8.7Dia x 4H; Canopy: 4.7Dia
Large: Overall: 13.7Dia x 4H; Canopy: 6.8Dia
- Lamp type: Halogen, LED, Incandescent
Small: 1 x 40W 120V G9 T4 Halogen lamp (not included) OR 10W 120-277V 3000K LED lamp (included)
Large: 1 x 60W 120-277V E26 (medium base) A19 Incandescent (not included) OR 12W 120-277V 3000K LED (included) OR 12W 120-277V 4000K LED (included)
- Label: cULus, Damp location, Wet location, IBEW
Shipping Time: AJE-13.7-LED - Large / 13.7 in D / LED ships in 8-10 weeks. All others ship in 2-4 business days.
Ships via 2Modern Standard Delivery.
- Delivery: Standard shipping provides delivery to the front door of a residence or dock of a commercial building. The delivery team will transport the item(s) from the truck to the first available dry, protected area outside your home (front porch, garage, or similar).
- Scheduling: Customer will be notified of delivery date options via phone call and email and, once date is confirmed, will be provided with a 4-hour appointment window. The shipping company's contact info will be included in the email, in order to reschedule the appointment if necessary.
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes delivery to the front door with a signature required, but does not include inside delivery to room of choice, unpacking, assembly, or removal of packing debris.
- Note: If the destination is a multi-unit building, the order will be delivered inside the entrance to the building, but not to specific apartment door. Please contact Customer Service at (888) 222-4410 for additional delivery options.
If you need to cancel an order, we understand... that happens. Please just notify us as quickly as possible so you can be refunded 100%. If an item has already shipped (shipping timeframes vary, so please review item’s product page), customer will incur shipping charges which will be deducted from your refund, since the item has already been packaged and routed, charges for which 2Modern will not be reimbursed from shipping companies.
2Modern has a generous and convenient return policy, accommodating product returns within 30 days. The only exception is with customized orders, noted on individual product pages. Please see further details on our Return Policy
Contact Customer Service
Have a question about this product? Need help finding something? Our expert Customer Service team is here to help. Give us a call at (888) 222-4410 or fill out the form below.