Have Questions? Need Inspiration?
today via e-mail
or (888) 222-4410
Inspired by the surprising strength of the apple crates he had played on as a child, Frank Gehry created this thoroughly original collection of bentwood chair and table designs. Gehry's architecture draws its strength from the sculptural approach with which he has expanded the vocabulary of buildings. Bringing this same approach to furniture, Gehry constructed the entire collection with interwoven strips of maple. The ribbon-like designs transcend the conventions of style by focusing, as the great modernists did, on the essential challenge of deriving form from function. Features:
- Seat cushon available in a range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck leathers for both the chair and ottoman
- Resiliency foam used for cushions. Cushions snap-lock to the underside of the chair
- Frame constructed of hard white maple veneer strips, laminated 6 to 9 thick with high-bonding urea glue
- Thermo-set assembly glue provides structural rigidity without the need for metal connectors
- To maximize tension compression, limited assembly glue is used in woven seat: weaves flex in unison for spring-like comfort
- Power Club Chair back flexes for added comfort
- Clear plastic glides with matte frost finish included
- Ottoman has one pair of legs that can be locked in upright position to create a slanted leg and foot rest, or can be folded underneath for low foot rest or floor cushion
- The underside of each piece is embossed with the Knoll logo and Frank Gehry's signature
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
This product is available in more colors and finishes. Please contact our sales team at (888) 222-4410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, this is a custom item. 2Modern makes every effort to accommodate product returns with a generous return policy. However if an item is customized or made to order, such as this product, 2Modern cannot cancel the order after 48 hours of placement or accept a return.
Frank Gehry b. 1929,Knoll,Ottomans
Designer: Frank Gehry
Frame in 2 inches wide hard white maple veneers laminated to 6 to 9-ply thickness with high bonding urea glue.
Cushions in 3/4 inches thick high resiliency foam.
Glides in clear plastic with matte frost finish.
23.38W x 23.38D x 8.13-13.88H
Catalog ID: 127673
Ships in 6-10 weeks.
This item ships to anywhere in the continental US. For shipments outside the continental US, please click here. For large items please contact us for any requests for inside delivery, assembly or packaging removal. Please read our return information.